New to the area looking to learn!

Hey guys Mike here, or as my friends call me, Gambo! I recently moved to Ladson SC for a job opportunity building armored cars for Streit USA, i took this job only because i couldn’t find a job doing what i love, which is fishing! Ive been down here for a few months and have been doing a lot of pier fishing at Folly. I am extremely interested in learning the ropes on inshore and offshore fishing. Ive been fishing for just about as long as i could hold my own pole and very passionate when it comes to the love of fishing, if anyone in the area could use a helping hand on a boat or wouldn’t mind teaching a newbie the salt life, shoot me a PM! Thanks guys, and keep lookin’ for the bend in that pole!

Gambo

quote:
Originally posted by Mikeyg123

if anyone in the area could use a helping hand on a boat or wouldn’t mind teaching a newbie the salt life, shoot me a PM!

The first rule about living the salt life is to let everyone know that you live the salt life. Buy a couple shirts and stickers and you’ll look like a local.

haha…smartass.

I am in the same boat. Well…born and raised here, wanting to learn MORE than I already know. If I find someone who isn’t crazy that has more than one spot, I will let you know : )

Lauren Marie

Men and fish are alike…they both get into trouble when they open their mouths

I think my sticker placement must be wrong…I haven’t got any invites yet.

I do have a jonboat and I’m learning the ashley mostly right now. I’m trying to learn general patterns right now that’ll help be successful in other areas. I went to the harbor a few weeks back, but I wasn’t prepared to anchor at the depths I needed to fish!

Almost forgot the most important part!! Willing to chip in for any boat expenses, ie gas, bait, whatever the case may be. oh and thank you Lauren ill be sure to do the same for you if I find anything!

Hey Guys i have a 22 ft bay boat that i take off shore once in a while and cant ever seem to find anone that wants to chip in for gas and bait if there is 3 people on boat then i ask for 1/3 from each for gas and bait still learning the area around folly beach send me a pm or what ever suits your fancy

Sent you a pm love2fishdeep!