favorite work boot.

What’s yours? I’m in need of a new pair. My Merrells are wore out. What the most comfortable pair yall have found? I prefer slip on since I’m lazy.

I have a pair of Redwings that have been in action for almost 10 years right now. A real comfortable boot that if taken care of, will last a really long time. I stop by the Redwing Boot store at least once a month and have them oiled and new boot strings installed (free of charge) and it only takes a few minutes.

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

I have been very happy with Keen steel toe.

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

Key West 1720

Redwings all the way! Years ago, my first pair lasted for over 10 yrs. I got rid of them thinking I wouldn’t need steel toes anymore. Big mistake. I have two pair now. The 1st. are 7 yrs. old & I bought a new pair(last year) when the old ones went to get re-soled.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Red wings… Be sure to get them from the red wing store though… Red wings sold at other retailers are not american made and the price reflects it.

quote:
Originally posted by STFulton1

I have been very happy with Keen steel toe.

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

Key West 1720

Same here!

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:
Originally posted by Floater

Red wings… Be sure to get them from the red wing store though… Red wings sold at other retailers are not american made and the price reflects it.

Even at the store, check the label/tag inside the boot or shoe to see where it’s made. I almost bought a pair of China made “Red Wing” boots at the store in Columbia.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Timberland Pro Series. Discovered them 10 years ago. Comfortable right out the box. I have even played a game of Basketball with them on. I have tried Red Wings, Georgia Boot, Wolverine, etc…Nothing else comes close. A tip…go to Boot Jack and try some on. When you find the pair you like write the information down. The pair I wear is $139.99 at Boot Jack. I have ordered them from Amazon.com for the past 5 years for $105 and free shipping.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

Merrells are such a disappointment now that they sold out. My original pair from 10 years ago are in better shape than a new pair that’s only a year old. What a bummer. I’m thinking about a pair of Keens also.

I ended up going with the Dr. Martian airwave commercial. They are slip resistant and handle electricity very well. They seem well put together so far.

If you have to have steel toe Red Wing pecos are great, been wearing them over 12-years now. They are hot for summer though. Wolverine makes a short slip on steel toe and they are not nearly as hot, wear them in summer. Just bought some Blundstone slip ons, they are not steel toe, but super light weight.

I think boots are a lot like fishing rods! It depends on what kind of work you are doing I keep many boots in my truck for differant situations! and also times of the year! I am in construction

Been using these John Deere metguard boots for a few years now. Very tough and clean up nice in a pinch. Great on all surfaces except ice and snow.

http://workingperson.com/john-deere-mens-brown-jd7305steel-toe-met-guard-boots.html#details

Boatpoor makes a good point… What type of work you do matters in a good fit.

“Negative. I’m a meat popsicle!”
www.atlanticredcrab.com

What ever boots you get use some Dr. Scholl’s or other good inserts… don’t scrimp on the cheap ones.

Then remove them every night and spray a little Lysol on them and inside your boot. Keeps the funk down. I also have a boot drier that really works well.

I actually have two pairs that I rotate out. When new they got a good coating of Mink oil and again monthly…(sometimes). Don’t use Neatsfoot oil as it is bad on stitching… unless you have leather stitching as in good saddles and baseball gloves.

I think I’ll check into those JD boots, love a good zip up boot.