WooHoo!

I caught my first double digit striper today!:smiley::smiley: It weighed 10.4 lbs. It was at 6:05 this morning. I had another rod go down as I was reeling the 1st one in, but missed it. They were the only hits of the day. I gave up around 9:00 & went and had a celebratory breakfast.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Good Job! Thatā€™s a fish youā€™ll never forget, and hereā€™s to many more like it!

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Awesome Bob! Congratzā€¦

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

Congrats bobā€¦if you were fishing where i have seen you many times in the summer, then more big fish are on the way. Been dying for those fish to turn on and they just havent this year. There were a couple more big fish in that area today. Yours is the 3rd in double digits I have heard aboutā€¦congrats againā€¦time for that 20# target nowā€¦

ā€œAll fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then theyā€™re lyingā€

ā€œSea~N~Stripesā€
21ā€™ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

Cool, Bob. Congrats.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when itā€™s lost and the story is told. - Me
-Whatā€™s the best eating fish, you ask? Iā€™ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my ā€œPuppy Dogā€ 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. Iā€™ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Thanks guys.
I knew it was big as soon as I picked up the rod. It circled the boat twice. Iā€™m surprised no lines got tangled. My fishing buddy, Porkchop, didnā€™t know what the hell was going on.
I wish I would have taken pictures, but I was more concerned about getting it back in the water. It took me a little while to get my scale turned on. Pics next time for sure.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Congratulations bob, nothing better than seeing a big fish rise up from the deep. Hope he lived through the release.

Wellcraft V-20 sportfish with a 200 Evinrude

I fished the same area for about two hrs. & never saw it floating. Last I saw, he was heading for the deep.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Good for you Bob. I gotta get off of my butt and get out there. I need steelytom to show me how again.

You need me to show you how to sit on the lake, drink beer and run from thunderstorms? You are experienced, one of the best beer drinkers I know.

quote:
Originally posted by COOLBREEZE

Good for you Bob. I gotta get off of my butt and get out there. I need steelytom to show me how again.

Wellcraft V-20 sportfish with a 200 Evinrude

Tom; Thank you very much. I represent that statement. was taught by some of the best. I try and practice to keep in shape just about every weekend. get your butt down here and letā€™s go catch some stripers. the boat is ready.