Hungry for monster sharks?

I’am looking for a few guys interested in shark fishing this upcoming season…Last year we caught about 25-30 sharks over 5’ and this year we plan on landing even more. Unfortunately one of our top guys is moving and its leaving us a pretty big void. Shark fishing is at very minimum a two person job and the more people the better.
The only requirements I have is someone willing to row baits out and who can fish late into the night. As far as gear goes I have a full set up (bait pole, and shark pole) for at least one or two more people so really just looking for people who are motivated and love catching monster fish. PM me or just respond on here.

I would be interested.

Imnotfishy, welcome back. I’m sure you shark folks are ready to pull your hair out, it’s been awhile. Only a few more months. :smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by runbabyrun

Imnotfishy, welcome back. I’m sure you shark folks are ready to pull your hair out, it’s been awhile. Only a few more months. :smiley:

its not bad… heck you could almost fish up till mid December when water temps were holding 64-65 it dropped 20 degrees in 2 weeks this year…

plus costal,usc,clemson was still doing shark sampling and research in December so they were going strong. at least 3 trips were made in December…

but this is a great time of the year… gear up, doing the maintance thing, get that custom rod built, start splicing hollowcore, load up on coated cable,crimps ect ect… these few months off are almost the best part of land based sharking imo.

Runbabyrun, you have no idea!.. I haven’t been able to do much fishing at all since August!.. April could not come soon enough!

Dam thats a long time, I feel for you. The last time I was able to surf fish was 11/29 and unfortunately it wasnt a good showing. I’m ready to go nuts, I want to fish so bad. Last season I lost so many sharks while I was targeting reds it was ridiculous, and am determined to change it up some this year and gear up for the sharks on some of my trips. I swear one day I must have had 8 runs and bite offs because I was using mono for the reds. I have been gearing up for casting for them this year, and like scshark said I’m in preparation mode getting my act together. I think I’ve seen every blacktiph video on you tube and it’s got me itching. I caught a few last year, but know I can do so much better if I would just target them specifically. Yourself, along with Requim, and Folly fisher are an inspiration to allot of us surf fisherman, we dream of landing the big one one day. I must admit I was one of the guys giving you hell about the whole spinning gear episode, and certainly understood your point about using big tackle, I just felt that not everyone has the means to do so along with a kayak purchase, I hope you understand, I wish to apologize, and wish you the best for the up and coming season. Good luck Imnotfishy.

If your still looking for people to do this I am interested.

I would be intetested also.

If you wish to be happy for an hour, get intoxicated. If you wish to be
happy for three days, get married. If you wish to be happy for eight days,
kill your pig and eat it. If you wish to be happy forever, learn to fish."
–Chinese Proverb