526 Ashley River bridge

Any regs fishing under the bridge or tying off there? Worth trying for sheepshead?

Don’t know of any regs against it , I anchored within casting distance
up river and picked up some overslot reds last year, can’t say about sheeps never tried for them there, strong tidal current but fishable, might be good at top/bottom of tide timeline. go catch em and post results.:sunglasses::sunglasses:

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Thanks for the ■■■■■■■■ gail…I think I’ll touch base with DNR just to be sure…def don’t won’t some unexpected ridiculous fine…I know the West Ashley side is pretty deep and I’ve def seen the strong current on that side…thought maybe I’d tie off and drop some barnacles or fiddlers on the eddie sides of the structures and see what happens.

I have done great there with Reds. Fish either edge of the channel. They will be on top of the edge or down in the channel. Fresh blue crab is always golden!!!

Mark Ingle
NauticStar 1810 Merc 90

To answer your question I always use my anchor. It makese nervous to tie up to anything. And I always stay between the cement columns.

Mark Ingle
NauticStar 1810 Merc 90

Nice…thanks Jump…you anchor up directly under the bridge?

I have 180 ft of rope. Drop anchor about 120 up current and feed rope out. You want your bait under the bridge not the boat at least that’s my thinking. The lower the angle of your rope to the bottom, the easier it is for the anchor to hold. Don’t anchor directly in the channel…need to make room for the big boys coming through!! Hope this makes sense.

Mark Ingle
NauticStar 1810 Merc 90

Solid advice on anchoring , only thing I might add is until you’re sure of anchor set leave motor running in case set doesn’t hold. Also
depends on what you are targeting as to how far from bridge/structure
to anchor,big reds can make longer runs and will wrap up on structure
if you can’t stop them short.:wink:

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Good advice…thanks guys…ill target sheepshead so i guess ill drop anchor and feed rope so Im close enough to columns to drop fiddlers.

DNR says no restrictions tying off on any bridge in Charleston county (although that doesn’t mean its always safe)…he said coast guard may give folks some “grief” over it but he couldnt really speak for them.