Rt 41 bridge Mount Pleasant

Does anyone ever put their boat in by this bridge and can you get under it with a T-Top? what is the clearance?
Thanks

I have a 22’ CC and have to wait out a 1 to two hour window on either side of high tide depending on tide levels. Joe Sharp with Atlantis Marine can get you going on a membership at the ramp. His number is 843-856-0225

Did you ever get stuck and have to wait hours to get under? I’m wondering if it’s worth the trouble. I have a 20’ center console with a T-Top

Joe Sharpe is a good guy and will treat you right. We routinely have to orchestrate tows above 41 due to tide. Keep in mind the new bridge without clearance issues for power vessels is scheduled to open in September.

Captain Steve Little
TowBoat US Charleston
Psalm 107:23-32
www.towboatcharleston.com

Thanks Capt. Steve. What were the reasons for the tows? Not enough clearance for these boats? My concern is spending that money and being tide dependent to take my boat out. And when they do open the new bridge, how long till they take down the old bridge or at least the swing part of the bridge?

Messin-I hold that membership and use it regularly. It will not affect you much-like cgarr stated above, only at peak. I have been a member there for several years and am reasonably happy with it. Only complaint I would have is it seems to be much more active now that when I first joined. Some of the crowd take far too long to dip and get out. Otherwise, I am pretty happy with it when I use it.

Thank you!! It was a real concern but I guess I will store the boat there along with the ramp pass. Hopefully it won’t be long until they take that bridge down

Messin, we have been restricted in getting above and black down due to tide restriction of bridge

Captain Steve Little
TowBoat US Charleston
Psalm 107:23-32
www.towboatcharleston.com

I’ve decided to wait for a spot in a different place to open up. Just the terrible traffic getting there was to much.
Thanks for all your input

There is excellent fishing up that way…fyi.

May all your favorite bands stay together…

baloney

Well, my hardtop Seafox 226 can get under if tide is 5’ on out and 5 6" on in. I do plan my day around that fact and have never been stuck but have been under it with only 6" of clearance. The bridge isn’t that bad really.

2015 226 Seafox Commander 200 hp Yamaha 4 stroke.

quote:
Originally posted by fishjunky

Only complaint I would have is it seems to be much more active now that when I first joined. Some of the crowd take far too long to dip and get out.

YUP!!! You got that right. Adding insult to injury is the landing is a little steep on low tide too…it takes them waaaaay too long. The last time I was there, a guy had to put the trailer in the water for a woman who just gave up trying. It is very easy to spot who has experience and who don’t. The other problem is people just doing stupid things. I saw a clown working on his jet ski for 30 minutes…working on it on the trailer with his vehicle taking up the landing. Several of us waiting to go it finally go tired of only one side of the landing being opened and we collectively got on his butt. He moved, but he was not happy about it…even though he was completely and utterly wrong. Three things are happening on the water this time of year and it aint fishing; instead, it is drinking, screwing, and eating with all of the dumbness that comes along with it.

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

I’ve decided to dry stack my boat as soon as an opening comes along.
I am tired of the ramps and all the work and patience needed as noted above.
Rather more time to fish than more time launching and waiting for the traffic to clear

I fought with launching boat and trying to manage the tides at Bushy Park for years. Last year I went to Daniel Island Marina Drystack on Clouter creek. Still close where I was fishing and now I use my boat much more than ever before. The convience is worth the cost.

That’s where I am waiting to get In

quote:
Originally posted by Bfish

I fought with launching boat and trying to manage the tides at Bushy Park for years. Last year I went to Daniel Island Marina Drystack on Clouter creek. Still close where I was fishing and now I use my boat much more than ever before. The convience is worth the cost.

Got into DI Marina today! Looking forward to now using my boat more

My best guess is you are going to really enjoy having your boat there. By the way, in case you don’t know this, there is an app called “Drystax” you can put on your phone or device that allows you to get your boat launched, refueled and ice. You don’t even have to call the marina. Good Luck!!

Hope to see you there! I’m in a new tidewater