If you participate in this forum MUST READ

I don't have a problem letting you guys argue about politics here this page was created to keep this off of the rest of the site. I don't read this forum and rely mostly on the people that do to let me know when something gets out of hand.

We will not tolerate anyone threatening anyone else with any type of violence kidding or not kidding. This goes for blatant and veiled threats alike.

If you choose to do so I will immediately remove you from the site. If it becomes a problem I am more than happy to get rid of this page and not allow any politics anywhere on the site.
Replies

Originally posted by btodag

Some of this made me chuckle. Especially Easy's comments about being gone for a minute.

Reading Fred's comment, I wonder if there is any chance you guys would agree to completely disallowing, self-moderated, name calling? No more Dorito, asshats, snowflakes, Rebulican'ts, Libtards, etc. Just respectful conversation and opposing views. Is it possible that respecting each other could be a ground rule?

If anyone calls anyone a name, CF-member/candidate/etc, we all agree to hammer them for the disrespectful act?

Any chance that would gain consensus?

BG
That's where a moderator steps in.

Nah man... this idea is about self-moderation and commitment to respecting each other. I am not for asking Andy to step in where our parents failed.

BG
I would hate for this forum to get shut down before we get a chance to gloat about Trump's pending impeachment...

but I would probably live a better life without it here.

Some of this made me chuckle. Especially Easy's comments about being gone for a minute.

Reading Fred's comment, I wonder if there is any chance you guys would agree to completely disallowing, self-moderated, name calling? No more Dorito, asshats, snowflakes, Rebulican'ts, Libtards, etc. Just respectful conversation and opposing views. Is it possible that respecting each other could be a ground rule?

If anyone calls anyone a name, CF-member/candidate/etc, we all agree to hammer them for the disrespectful act?

BG

Nah man... this idea is about self-moderation and commitment to respecting each other. I am not for asking Andy to step in where our parents failed.

BG
Not fair for Andy to have to monitor the site 24/7 .

Good luck having one show respect after a few bourbons, and deciding to go on a late night rant.

BG

BG
Not fair for Andy to have to monitor the site 24/7 .

Good luck having one show respect after a few bourbons, and deciding to go on a late night rant.

But if we all agree to hammer that guy, in a bi-partisan way, it'll self correct.

BG

If it were my site, I would shut down the political forum. Doesn't really add anything other than conflict.

Doesn't change minds, just a bunch of barbershop talk and a big ole pissing match.

Surprised some of the sponsors engage in it because they isolate themselves into only certain people that would do business with them...

Kinda stupid from a business sense, because talking politics and religion are always bad for business...

RBF
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

If it were my site, I would shut down the political forum. Doesn't really add anything other than conflict.

Doesn't change minds, just a bunch of barbershop talk and a big ole pissing match.

Surprised some of the sponsors engage in it because they isolate themselves into only certain people that would do business with them...

Kinda stupid from a business sense, because talking politics and religion are always bad for business...

RBF
Right on brother!
I say remove the Politics section. Even if a topic starts out innocent enough, it quickly boils down to partisan bickering.

Remove it and let's all hug, drink a beer, and lie about how big the fish was that we let get away.

j
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

RBF
Right on brother!

This is rich!
The Administrator is like my wife, I never win the debate & they always have the final word. Censor if you must but I'd prefer to leave it up. It's nice to know there are some like-minded rebels out there. I enjoy the banter, what's it hurtin', most of it makes me have a laugh & we all take turns being in the pickle barrel.
I thought ED was the moderator