If you participate in this forum MUST READ

I don't have a problem letting you guys argue about politics here this page was created to keep this off of the rest of the site. I don't read this forum and rely mostly on the people that do to let me know when something gets out of hand.

We will not tolerate anyone threatening anyone else with any type of violence kidding or not kidding. This goes for blatant and veiled threats alike.

If you choose to do so I will immediately remove you from the site. If it becomes a problem I am more than happy to get rid of this page and not allow any politics anywhere on the site.
Replies

^^^ Fred, this is more snowflake behavior.

Moderators do keep posts on topic, but that would be a little heavy handed here. Basically just need someone to ban jstrange every time he makes a veiled threat about wanting to meet someone, or telling them to kill themselves. I think the rest of us are adult enough to not take things too personally. I think.

Last edited by Edistodaniel
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Moderators do keep posts on topic, but that would be a little heavy handed here. Basically just need someone to ban jstrange every time he makes a veiled threat about wanting to meet someone, or telling them to kill themselves. I think the rest of us are adult enough to not take things too personally. I think.

Nah, most everyone here is biased and immature, and it is a liability issue waiting to happen for the site owners...

Take it down...

RBF

Nah, most everyone here is biased and immature, and it is a liability issue waiting to happen for the site owners...

Take it down...

RBF

I'm biased and immature, but I don't think I'm a liability. Do you think the butt hurt is so strong here that someone would get legal?!

Take it down...

RBF

I'm biased and immature, but I don't think I'm a liability. Do you think the butt hurt is so strong here that someone would get legal?!

It only takes one, and when the SHTF I wouldn't want to be the site owner...

Let's be honest, people are crazy..

Doesn't have to be the ones that post, it is wide open to everyone on the interweb.

As a business person, I wouldn't have it...

Not worth the risk... What revenue does it bring?

Prolly detracts more than it attracts...

Not my circus, not my monkeys... Just saying what I would do...

BTW, did I mention people are crazy....

RBF

Take it down...

RBF

Will you please stop forwarding cute kitten haz cheezburger emails?

Thanks,

STAFF

I hope that the politics section remains. The loss of "civil discourse" would be a loss to all involved.

Thank you and the others that maintain this WHOLE Message Board. It is a place that I can come to and learn new things...fishing or politics.

A world without other points of view would be a world without thought.
Paul, how are you healing upquestion
Originally posted by btodag

Some of this made me chuckle. Especially Easy's comments about being gone for a minute.

Reading Fred's comment, I wonder if there is any chance you guys would agree to completely disallowing, self-moderated, name calling? No more Dorito, asshats, snowflakes, Rebulican'ts, Libtards, etc. Just respectful conversation and opposing views. Is it possible that respecting each other could be a ground rule?

If anyone calls anyone a name, CF-member/candidate/etc, we all agree to hammer them for the disrespectful act?

Any chance that would gain consensus?

BG

Works for me. smile

Quite frankly, I think Poly Ball is one of the only people I ever recall making actual or veiled threats to anyone--in his former internet persona, that is. Now, he just makes false accusations and acts in a generally rude manner.

This could certainly be more worthwhile if every thread wasn't a personal smart-aleck competition.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862
It's interesting that the ones saying, "take it down," the most ardently are some of the primary posters and bickerers--with the exception of JIPride. If you hate this forum so much, stop posting in it. Leave it be. Instead, you post in it all day long every day but complain that it's here?

LOL. It makes me think of how lefward politicians want to ban soft drinks because they feel we can't control out compulsion to over-drink them. Just don't click. It's that easy.

Better yet, let's just stop being so rude to each other. Why is that so hard?

Before y'all get all riled up, look, I love every one of you. If anyone wants to get violent or go out of bounds to harm someone, his family, his community reputation, his business, or anything else that matters, I'll join BTODAG in denouncing them. Oddly, some of the people that get the most worked up are anonymous and are the ones who sling most of the hash.

Peace, neighbors. It's just politics.

smile

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862
Last edited by gotchacovered
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

If it were my site, I would shut down the political forum. Doesn't really add anything other than conflict.

Doesn't change minds, just a bunch of barbershop talk and a big ole pissing match.

Surprised some of the sponsors engage in it because they isolate themselves into only certain people that would do business with them...

Kinda stupid from a business sense, because talking politics and religion are always bad for business...

RBF
Right on brother!

Now that's some funny stuff right there!

What neither of you realise is the simple fact that you only see a limited few actually participate in the Political Forum. What you are both failing to realise is that successful business people are generally intelligent. They know not to click on something that does not interest them, but also know that if it may interest others let it be.

This forum has taught me a lot about others opinions and views. Some I agree with some I don't.

I just can't get over either of you ranting (or trolling) about removing Politics while you post more here than anywhere else.

God is good, people are crazy, and bourbon is better than beer.

"Why Bruce?"