If you participate in this forum MUST READ

I don't have a problem letting you guys argue about politics here this page was created to keep this off of the rest of the site. I don't read this forum and rely mostly on the people that do to let me know when something gets out of hand.

We will not tolerate anyone threatening anyone else with any type of violence kidding or not kidding. This goes for blatant and veiled threats alike.

If you choose to do so I will immediately remove you from the site. If it becomes a problem I am more than happy to get rid of this page and not allow any politics anywhere on the site.
Replies

Originally posted by gotchacovered
Quite frankly, I think Poly Ball is one of the only people I ever recall making actual or veiled threats to anyone

Wasn't poly ball this time.

BG
Originally posted by btodag

Some of this made me chuckle. Especially Easy's comments about being gone for a minute.

Reading Fred's comment, I wonder if there is any chance you guys would agree to completely disallowing, self-moderated, name calling? No more Dorito, asshats, snowflakes, Rebulican'ts, Libtards, etc. Just respectful conversation and opposing views. Is it possible that respecting each other could be a ground rule?

If anyone calls anyone a name, CF-member/candidate/etc, we all agree to hammer them for the disrespectful act?

Any chance that would gain consensus?

BG

Quite frankly, I think Poly Ball is one of the only people I ever recall making actual or veiled threats to anyone--in his former internet persona, that is. Now, he just makes false accusations and acts in a generally rude manner.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862
I'm asking again for some proof.

False accusations? Again , show me.

No proof, I guess that means you are full of internal waste?
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

If it were my site, I would shut down the political forum. Doesn't really add anything other than conflict.

Kinda stupid from a business sense, because talking politics and religion are always bad for business...

RBF
This.

Keep the politics forum if admin wants to, I wont lose any sleep, but I will continue to poke holes in an administration that cant govern. themselves.

I do find it funny that the majority here can bash Obama for 8 years, but Trump is in office 6 months, and there's talk of removing the politics forum? Explain that.

The first post after Apicketts' warning...

Originally posted by poly ball

I would remove the politics if I were you. The site is called Charleston Fishing. Leave the conversations to fishing and hunting, most of us prepare our catch/kill, so the cooking section would need to stay.

If not, a moderator is seriously in need.

"This.

Keep the politics forum if admin wants to, I wont lose any sleep, but I will continue to poke holes in an administration that cant govern. themselves.

I do find it funny that the majority here can bash Obama for 8 years, but Trump is in office 6 months, and there's talk of removing the politics forum? Explain that."

Who was first to call for the page to be taken down???

The truth shall set you free.

This is getting better by the minute.... Folks are arguing about arguing....

Let's debate whether the sky is blue.... I'll go on record with the statement that it depends....

RBF
Last edited by Richard Beer Froth

Let's debate whether the sky is blue.... I'll go on record with the statement that it depends....

RBF

Not arguing...just not letting people rewrite history. Facts are the basis of reality...Holmes.
So, perhaps admin is talking about this crap? Why would jstrange tell one to "eat a bullet" ?

That stabber guy...is a Bernie supporter. Not affiliated with any Right group. You however are I noticed very much like your avatar. A puppet with a hand up its A$$. Spare us and eat a bullet.
Below is the reason for a pending topic removal. Six months of Trump bashing vs 8 years of Obama bashing is not the reason.

[emphasis added]

Originally posted by Apickett

I don't have a problem letting you guys argue about politics here this page was created to keep this off of the rest of the site. I don't read this forum and rely mostly on the people that do to let me know when something gets out of hand.

We will not tolerate anyone threatening anyone else with any type of violence kidding or not kidding. This goes for blatant and veiled threats alike.

If you choose to do so I will immediately remove you from the site. If it becomes a problem I am more than happy to get rid of this page and not allow any politics anywhere on the site.

Last edited by jisuho

RBF

Not arguing...just not letting people rewrite history. Facts are the basis of reality...Holmes.

Understood... However, if what we know about History is only what we read, and not what we see for ourselves, then how can one emphatically state what is fact?

There have always been different accounts from even the people that witnessed the same event...

RBF

RBF

Understood... However, if what we know about History is only what we read, and not what we see for ourselves, then how can one emphatically state what is fact?

There have always been different accounts from even the people that witnessed the same event...

RBF

That depends...

On your vision.