Great Bite is a Great Sign!

I decided to give the trout a try again today on my lunch break. If y’all read my report on Friday about the “snow trout” you know I did suprisngly well. With the weather finally warming up today I decided to go to the same spot I went on Friday. I had the same exact setup which was the swimming trout trick in the margarita color on a 3/16oz trout eye jighead. I fished for 45min and absolutely crushed the trout. Caught right around 25 and left them biting since I had to get back to work. I had about a 20 minute period where I was getting bit every cast. All fish were between 12 and 19". I fished the end of the incoming in 3-7 feet of water. I even caught a puppy black drum. I saw no signs of any floating fish. The great bite is a very encouraging sign after this terrible cold snap. If you didn’t read my report from Friday I was fishing close to the harbor at some of my go to land based spots.

Thanks for the report! That pup black drum ate an artificial lure? Nice!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Went again after work for about 30 min. Caught 10 and had about 10 other bites. Last two hours of the outgoing on the same setup as earlier.

Great post and pics;; hopefully the cold didn’t hurt/kill as bad as we feared…:smiley:congrats on the catching!!!

George McDonald ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Just curious but why do all those trout have their gills flared and mouths open?
Did they croak after being caught?

Kenneth Wood

They all swam off strong

quote:
Originally posted by Fish Whisperer

Just curious but why do all those trout have their gills flared and mouths open?
Did they croak after being caught?

Kenneth Wood

It is very common for them to flare the gills and hold their mouth open after being caught and handled by someone, often regurgitating previous meals. I imagine it’s a form of a defense mechanism. It definitely doesn’t mean the fish is hurt or damaged though.

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

PM sent

What happened to the discourse between Fritz and grass?

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

What happened to the discourse between Fritz and grass?

I just took the dog outside and came back to the poof police doing work. that was fast. I just made an observation.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

I imagine the dog feels better.

I snatched one over off the toogoodoo creek yesterday at incoming tide!

Loving the toogoodoo life!