Surf fishing this weekend

Im particularly new to surf fishing and am heading out to folly this weekend. Just wondering what I should use and what I should expect. I know this is not a very productive time to surf fish for anything but I am still going to give it a shot. Any advice is appreciated.

Bring a kite and fly it. Super windy this weekend.

Going to be tough fishing this weekend. If you are determined to go surf fishing I would go Sunday. Saturday you may have a hard time keeping your lines out in the water with winds at 15-25. Sunday with winds North 10-20 it “may” be doable. The surf was slow my last outing Feb 16. one whiting, 2 rays and 3 arm length sharks. I had to put in a full day for that. In a couple of weeks your odds will be better. Use double drop rigs with small hooks and 1/3 to 1/2 a shrimp. If you catch any whiting cut it up in a chunk and throw that out for reds or sharks. Reds It is good to use a short leader with a fixed weight to reduce gut hooking. 50 lb. with a 5 owner circle. Sharks PM 40inch Red, he knows his stuff and is nice enough to share. Evan you will get more bites if you post this in the surf forum:smiley: Welcome to CF.