Did Breach Inlet really go dry

I saw on FB on one post that while we had the Florence offshore winds, that Breach Inlet went dry. Is that true? Anybody got pictures? I’m pretty sure the sandbar was high and dry…but being able to walk between the islands as the post suggested? I’d like to see pictures if true.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I firmly believe you still could have drowned in that Inlet

17’ Mako //90hp Mercury
16’ Alumacraft // 20hp Yamaha
14’ War Eagle // 9.8hp Tohatsu
17’ Key West // 90hp Yamaha

I’m not convinced it went dry…this is the video. I can’t make this out to be Breach Inlet…where’s the bridge? or the round house on the point?

https://www.wyff4.com/article/incredible-video-shows-only-sand-left-in-breach-inlet-in-charleston/23151633

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Can’t figure out where that is, but the lighthouse looks fairly close…

Looks like Sullivan’s island lighthouse to me.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Me too, looking down the beach from the north end, near Breech Inlet, but not across the inlet.
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

That's what I meant to say...

Uh, no.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I doubt it. You can see the channel up against the left of the frame in front of Sullivan’s island. They just did not walk far enough to get to the edge. A view from the bridge would be indisputable.

quote:
Originally posted by hungryneck

I doubt it. You can see the channel up against the left of the frame in front of Sullivan’s island. They just did not walk far enough to get to the edge. A view from the bridge would be indisputable.

I’m thinking if Breach Inlet really did run “dry”, there would be hundreds of pictures. Here, we’ve only got one poor video. I saw the other day that the video made onto My Radar(app) Facebook page.

~my dad

Equipment:
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

What’s the deepest spot in breech?

It’s very possible it created a sand bridge between the 2 sand bars way north of the bridge - where you could walk across Sullivans to IOP, thats a shallow spot at low tide anyway. There’s no way it went dry close to the bridge, that water is up to 30’ deep. There’s a deep slope, if it went dry the camera would be in that direction as it would have been a spectacular sight with all the bioluminescent plant life right there.