need advice

I am new to saltwater fishing, I am off tomorrow and Thursday and the wife is wanting to go try the inlet, not sure if we want to go to Cherrygrove or to Murrells, Weather looks kinda rough with the wind both days, not sure if I should just stay home or go try them, going to stay in creek due to having small boat, my question is NE and E winds will I get blown off the water or should we go and try it, I know you cant catch on the couch but still don’t want to be miserable the whole time fighting the wind. Any advise would be awesome

Typically I have found fishing is not very good when wind comes out of the North but I say GO…
Give it a try & if no luck then use that time to scout out the area & find places that might hold fish when the weather is better.

I’m not very familiar with Murrells, we operate North Inlet to Bulls Bay. However the problem is not so much the creeks as the open water or waterways aligned with the wind direction. Forecasts of 10-15 are usually in reality 15+ arround here and can blow up the more open water to uncomfortable levels. If your able to launch and stay in the creeks then the forecast for Wed/Thur is certainly not ideal, but can be fished. Makes it more challenging for casting and anchoring. Good luck if you decide to go!

22’ Carolina DLV - For Reel

I am thinking hard about it just for that. But at same time I want my wife to have a good time too

Try going up a creek and find some docks out of the wind then throw some live or cut bait under them close to the pilings. Preferably at mid or lower tide. If you don’t have natural bait try Gulps. If you don’t get anything try another dock nearby. At least you will be out of the wind and comfortable. Bait is scarce right now, for the fish too. If you put something edible in front of them its hard for them to lay off.

I’d go. give Cherry Grove a shot. Its sheltered. The winds never that bad in there. Stop at platts seafood get you some mud minnows. & a handful of shrimp.The park by the windmill walk down to the end of the dock. You can probably catch you some fiddler crabs. Use the shrimp and fiddler crabs up around the docks. You can probably find you a nice black drum, sheepshead or red. Drift the creek with the mud minnows. They’ve been catching a lot of flounder. I caught my personal best Cherry Grove flounder already this year. Good luck. you can’t catch them from the couch.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Did you go ?? Or did you stay home and hold down the couch

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Did you go ?? Or did you stay home and hold down the couch

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

I didnt go but i also didnt sit on the couch, wife wanted to go try some catfish wednesday and my dad wanted to go catch some bream yesterday, sorry i didn’t update, I hope to go try the fish maybe one day next week, I am working the weekend and next weekend i got a bass tourney so not sure when or if i can go next week

I didnt go but i also didnt sit on the couch, wife wanted to go try some catfish wednesday and my dad wanted to go catch some bream yesterday, sorry i didn’t update, I hope to go try the fish maybe one day next week, I am working the weekend and next weekend i got a bass tourney so not sure when or if i can go next week

Does the saltwater fish get all screwed up during cold fronts like freshwater fish? i see we got a big front coming in thuesday so thats why i was wondering