contacting a towing service way offshore

I need some advice from some blue water veterans…how do you contact your towing service when you are 40 to 50 miles offshore and obviously out of range with anyone on land like the coast guard , etc… When I fished up north we always had several other boats in the area and people always kept their radios ON as opposed to today when many boats do not actively listen to channel 68 or other channels. I sure would appreciate some guidance on this one. Thanks.

Garmin/DeLorme Inreach devices do give the ability to text via satellite from anywhere

Spartanburg/Edisto
Sea Hunt 27 “Edi-tude”
Maverick 18 HPX-V

Just hope there is a few boats between you and land

23’ seacraft

I broke down in my 196 Key West 42 miles out. Only had a 3’ antenna with a power booster. I couldn’t get SeaTow, but the Coast Guard came up loud and clear. They relayed my location to SeaTow. There were no other boats anywhere that day. None answered me anyway. I have a Spot satellite messenger now with contacts I can send my location to with a message to call SeaTow, or if life threatening, I can send an SOS with location and the Coast Guard is contacted immediately.

Key West 196;150 Yammie

Life Is Good…Gotta Love It!!!