I need a wobble roller arm

I have a 1985 Ex-Loader trailer with wobble rollers. I thought it would be easy to find a replacement arm because my trailer is missing one. I looked all over the internet and cannot find a match, I called Ez-Loader and they don’t have one like this either. If I can’t find one I will have to replace them all to get all the rollers the same height. I was wondering if anyone has one knows where I may find the arm with or without the rollers.

Carolina Skiff Doug
1980DLX Yamaha 90
Tournament 225 OX66 225

https://www.veveinc.com/shop/T-980-16-Wobble-Roller-Shaft-Assembly.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI982fuZiK4wIViUUNCh2uKQRYEAQYBCABEgIGnPD_BwE

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Try e-trailers.com , or call the manufacturer of the trailer.
E-trailers ordered from them several times, great customer service they will discuss your problem and try to fine a solution. Great return policies too

quote:
Originally posted by amberjack2362

Try e-trailers.com , or call the manufacturer of the trailer.
E-trailers ordered from them several times, great customer service they will discuss your problem and try to fine a solution. Great return policies too

I called EZ-Loader and they don’t know what part it is because of the age of the trailer. I spoke with Ve-Ve and the rep said “The dimensions are on the web site. See if it will fit.” The part listed is narrower and the bend is greater. I suppose I could replace all 4 arms and hope the stationary arms will still line up.

1985 Montauk 17
Yamaha 90

I have an older easy roller trailer myself. It’s a galvanize trailer that I only used a couple times a year because the boat usually sits on a jet dock. I started having problems with the roller themselves popping off and also lost an arm one time. I even went through and replaced all the hardware with new retaining pins and washers but occasionally still had a roller come loose which resulted in a damage to the bottom of the boat. After second time I said no more, since I rarely use the trailer I did not want to fork over the money for a new load on aluminum trailer so instead I just converted the galvanize trailer to a float on trailer replacing the roller assembly with pressure treated 4 x 4 carpeted bunks. The trailer is for a my flats boat so the boat just has a very shallow V. I simply removed the wye brackets and left the original cross member bracket and the square tubing that runs forward and aft. I used 3/8 inch galvanized lag bolts with washers and bolted the bunks directly to that 2x2 square galvanized tubing. I now use the trailer just like a regular float on and it works great.

By the way most boat manufacturers do not recommend using easy roller trailers any longer as they do not disburse the boat weight very well and can actually cause the gelcoat to delaminate due to concentrated pressure under the rollers.

Thanks Contender, it was mentioned converting to a bunk when I spoke with Wesco. Now that I see how you did yours I will certainly give it a go.

Thanks

1985 Montauk 17
Yamaha 90

If you’re supporting the Whaler in your signature, you may want to research the correct method. Most of the older ones need keel roller support with bunk secondary.

Roger that Reelescape, I have heard the same from the Whaler Central Forum:
“bunk trailer with keel supports or buy yourself a new bunk trailer with the centerline keel supporting rollers”.

Right now I just want to replace the missing arm then figure out what to do long term.

1985 Montauk 17
Yamaha 90