falling apart

Now I have contracted vertigo! Dr. said to take these pills and take it easy, it’l go away in a few days! Well after a week it’s still here. Any of ya’ll experenced this? What did you do? How long did it last? I’m so dizzy I cant even drive my golf cart to the garden much less walk!

ive been through it. its terrible. if it doesnt clear up soon, see a neurologist (if you arent already). Best wishes and get well

It’s horrible. Golf cart should be the last thing on your mind. If the meds they gave you aren’t knocking your stuff in the dirt, you need to see another Dr.

See a neurologist and have your primary care physician order an MRI. Vertigo is a major sign of a primary brain tumor.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Sometimes I have it when I first wake up. My DR prescribed decongestants and that works for me !

My father n law had it for a few months. It was coming from something else so once they figured that out & cleared it up the vertigo went away.
He was in bad shape, I remember it hit him at work & I had to go get him. He puked just about the whole way home.

My wife had it for months until her doctor sent her to Results Physical Therapy on James Island. She was cured in one visit and Jordon taught her how to fix herself if it ever came back. It did come back and she followed the doctors orders and cured herself. She has been free of the problem now for 18 months. Highly recommend the therapy folks. Feel better tomorrow. Good luck and report back.
George

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

See a neurologist and have your primary care physician order an MRI. Vertigo is a major sign of a primary brain tumor.

DAM
Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

your crystals are out of alignment

Pioneer 197SF

quote:
Originally posted by Blueskyguy

Pioneer 197SF

That’s the same BS the Dr’s told my wife when it hit her bad a year or so ago. That was when I said to her that it was time to go.

If I live that long I have an apt with a therapist next wed! saw a lot of pt exersises on the web i’m gong to try! Thanks for all the feed back!

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

If I live that long I have an apt with a therapist next wed! saw a lot of pt exersises on the web i’m gong to try! Thanks for all the feed back!

Sorry to hear about this boatpoor. I’ll tell you a true story…

I had mild vertigo and nothing compared to yours. I would miss work sometimes about twice a year when I woke up with it.

My wife told me to talk to my GP about it at my next annual physical… I told him what was going on, and he told me it was a side effect of my BP meds…

I came home and my wife asked me what my doc had said about it. I told her the doc just shrugged it off as side effects of my BP meds and to just deal with it. She said that is it, that’s all he did. I said no, he gave me a prostate exam right afterwards…

Wife asked me who my doc was… I told her it didn’t matter, because he should change it to Doctor Vinnie BoomBatz…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Half-hitched
quote:
Originally posted by Blueskyguy

Pioneer 197SF

That’s the same BS the Dr’s told my wife when it hit her bad a year or so ago. That was when I said to her that it was time to go.

I posted that half joking, I don’t believe that stuff but there are those that swear by it

there are some on-line resources that talk about it. they show you how to do something to realign them. I have no clue what that means but I know 2 people that do the technique and it works for them. They have minor cases of vertigo.

Pioneer 197SF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:

Sorry to hear about this boatpoor. I’ll tell you a true story…

I had mild vertigo and nothing compared to yours. I would miss work sometimes about twice a year when I woke up with it.

My wife told me to talk to my GP about it at my next annual physical… I told him what was going on, and he told me it was a side effect of my BP meds…

I came home and my wife asked me what my doc had said about it. I told her the doc just shrugged it off as side effects of my BP meds and to just deal with it. She said that is it, that’s all he did. I said no, he gave me a prostate exam right afterwards…

Wife asked me who my doc was… I told her it didn’t matter, because he should change it to Doctor Vinnie BoomBatz…

RBF

I get no respect, I tell ya

Vertigo is nothing to ignore. I had it for years went to the big name ENT and they had no idea!! I went to a Balance therapist and they figured it out in about 2 minutes. I was so whacked out I had to go to therapy nine times to get adjusted, it usually takes one or two.I have some pills to take just in case of another onslaught but have been fairly ok. Because of a tendency to get this

After many trips to the theropest I can function again. Thanks to all who helped. Pray I never get in that shape again!

quote:

After many trips to the theropest I can function again. Thanks to all who helped. Pray I never get in that shape again!

good news!