Miracles Controversy

You all heard anything about this?

Apparently a captain found a small sea hunt drifting 30 miles offshore - and towed the boat in talking on radio about salvaging the boat for $. Ran out of fuel in the jetties so he called the tournament and somehow got his fish into another boat and weighed it - LATE. Lots of people upset about it saying he should have been DQ'd - but captain says he was doing a Good Samaritan type deed...

Tournament king fishing has had its bumps around here, was hoping the Palmetto Kingfish Tour would go smooth - 2 tournaments in and we have a controversy already.

Wadmalaw native
16' Bentz-Craft Flats Boat
Replies

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages
I would have called one of my boys to watch the boat while I weighed the fish. I love cell phones.
Again you are wrong. I listened to his whole conversation on VHF with the other captain. After finding out the other captain's son was friends with the people who abandonded the boat? The captain quickly offered the boat right back to the people! Just get your facts straight before you start a post you don't know much about but hearsay!
Originally posted by Local Cluster

He wasn't being a Good Samaritan if there weren't any people on board. He needed to make up his mind. Did he want the boat or the tournament points?

I would hazard to guess that he wanted the boat, then realized the fish, even while small, was worth weighing for standings in the tournament. He then decided to do what he could to get the fish weighed.

Wadmalaw native

Last edited by kings dominion

He wasn't being a Good Samaritan if there weren't any people on board. He needed to make up his mind. Did he want the boat or the tournament points?

I would hazard to guess that he wanted the boat, then realized the fish, even while small, was worth weighing for standings in the tournament. He then decided to do what he could to get the fish weighed.

Wadmalaw native

uh oh.Who is wrong again?

Wadmalaw native

Man - unwad those panties and have a beer! If you would read again, you'll see that I said "guess." That means it was speculation - which technically means a guess without all of the facts.

Thanks for the info - but my points still remain. He wanted the boat until he realized it was a friend's. He wanted to weigh the fish - so he claimed good Samaritan instead of salvage.

Don't forget that a few of this captain's best friends are the ones who called him out publicly and made this thing change.

Wadmalaw native

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages