Fuel Data Manager

Anyone running a Fuel Data Manager on their Lowrance unit? Thinking about adding this but was looking for some ■■■■■■■■.

Tidewater 1900 Baymax
115 Yamaha

I have it with a Yamaha F300 on the NMEA 2000 network. No complaints, for $80 if you’ve already got the motor wired into the network it’s worth it. My fuel garage was never calibrated properly so it’ll say empty when I’ve got 20 gallons or almost a 1/3 of a tank left. FDM makes that really clear what’s left in the tank.

It’s a really stupid device. Why they couldn’t build the MFD to do this out of the box is beyond my pay grade. But it’ll start working as soon as you plug it in.

Thanks! I just hooked up my NMEA network and I was hoping to get some fuel info. Seems like something that should already be able to get access with the engine interface cable. Oh well. Guess I’ll be dropping another $80 on it!

Tidewater 1900 Baymax
115 Yamaha

You should be getting things like RPM, Fuel Flow (measured in GPH) and the Lowrance will calculate an MPG. It just won’t accumulate the gallons burned over the trip/season without the FDM.