Late report from Thursday and Friday8/22-8/23

Got away from work early Thursday. Decided to give Cherry Grove a shot. Got there about 5:oo. I was pleasantly surprised.there was no one in the parking lot. Oh boy I got the Marsh to myself. I run over too one of the Little Creek where I catch shrimp. I pull up on the bank and walk back to the hole. Oh yeah it was about 2 hours before low tide. One throw I get about 3 lb of shrimp. Never had anything like that before even baiting.they were borderline eating size so I kept about a dozen and let the rest go. Pay tribute to the fish gods. Got a few mullet time to fish. First stop going to catch some black drum. Nope just got beat up by pinfish. So I let the rest of my shrimp go. Figured I’d go catch a couple red fish. Nope. Oh well I still have about 45 minutes before dark. I figured I would drift a couple of deep holes and Creek mouths. Again no luck.I guess I didn’t get skunked cuz I did catch a couple spots. Red sky at night sailor’s delight.so that being said I figured I’d fish Friday morning and just work Saturday.

Friday morning wife and I hit the water about 7. We fished dunn sound a couple hours. The last spot we went to.A guide pulled up and anchored about 50’from us. Wife hooks up . Here comes a jet ski all decked out with cooler rod holders and fishing poles. Pretty cool setup. He comes around and goes between us and the guide. Then went between the guide & the bank where he is fishing. The guide & i just look at each other and shake our heads.4 reds,2 flounder, 1 black drum & a blue fish. Going to give it a try in the morning.we are getting a ton of rain right now see what that does to the fish.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.