New transducer location

Ok all, I’ve been getting interference on my sonar at speed, so it’s time to move the transducers around to get a better reading. I was going to just adjust their height a bit at their current install location (“A” on the pic below), but I got to looking at the area near the drain plug as a potentially better location (“B” on the pic). I’m leaning toward B, making sure the bottom of the transducers are parallel with the bottom of the boat.

Thoughts on A versus B?

thru hull gives best results but must be adjusted to look down not to the side …

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

I think you are good at A but need to drop it a smigon!

If dropping slightly where it sits currently does not work then I would try moving inside the hull for shoot thru. Most will tell you to set the ducer in a bed of resin. I found some really good below water clear silicone at the local hardware store and used it. I originally was going to use the silicone as a test but it’s been down for over two years now and holding very well. I get a clear picture at wot so no reason to change anything at this point.

If dropping slightly where it sits currently does not work then I would try moving inside the hull for shoot thru. Most will tell you to set the ducer in a bed of resin. I found some really good below water clear silicone at the local hardware store and used it. I originally was going to use the silicone as a test but it’s been down for over two years now and holding very well. I get a clear picture at wot so no reason to change anything at this point.

Was it good then something changed??

Hard to tell, but ducer looks pretty scuffed up on the bottom.

NN