Shrimp baiting season

With the storm days away now, I wonder how it will affect the upcoming season? I know that a lot of rain will push them out of the creeks, or into deeper water. It may have enough changes in the tide before the the season starts for everything to get back to normal. What are your feelings about it?

Forrest Gump did great after the storm! So, I expect the same… After the storm of the century and all that rain. I crushed em the next week. We will be fine.

Notice the history of years past, storms showed up right as the season neared and very very very few posts were put up of people coolering out consistently. After the storm is one thing because the hunt for “Saltier Water” is the first thing on the shrimp’s mind so the affect isn’t as noticeable. But let there be more rain down the road and let’s just say it turns into a lot of work with little reward. Just saying…

“If you can’t fix a woman, chase some tail with fins and fur!!!”

2008 Sea Pro 1900cc w/115

(2) Daughters that make the boys cry

(1) wife that makes her husband take the kids outdoors to chase their dreams!

Give it a week and it should get back to normal.

Threw the net a few times in some bait shrimp spots and they definitely left the area.

Heard that they were scarce in the harbor but the trawlers did well offshore. My uneducated guess is that all the fresh water pushed them out of the inlets, rivers, etc and they’re sitting offshore waiting for the water to salt up some more. I could be 100% wrong though.

2016 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage w/300 Merc Verado

That is my thought too, hopefully they will come back into the the inlets. I am out of shrimp and thinking about just going and buying some. Can anyone tell me what they are selling for off of the boats?