IOP/Charleston SEPT Report - Capt Mark Phelps

September is a month of transition in Charleston. The very hot and humid days of summer will continue. However, by the end of the month, cooler mornings and shorter days start to replace the 90 degree days.

Because of this, fishing will undergo several changes. This will be the last month to target all the summer migrating species of fish that come north in the summer and move… Read the rest of this great report here https://coastalanglermag.com/charleston-september-forcast/

SABJAR

Pretty good read, thanks.

Is that considered a foul hook? Hooked on the outside of the mouth and all?

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

quote:
Originally posted by StumpNocker

Pretty good read, thanks.

Is that considered a foul hook? Hooked on the outside of the mouth and all?

Fishing Nerd

The Tarpon was hooked by the mouth it may look like its not, he has never foul hooked a tarpon before, he figures if you foul hook a tarpon your going to lose it.

SABJAR

In the Keys 2 years ago, night fishing some dock lights, my good friend landed a 3ft tarpon in my boat with me in it, the fish was hooked by the cheek. We laughed and laughed, I still tell him he has never caught a tarpon haha…of course that’s just me hating because I’ve yet to put one on the boat by rod and reel. Still fun to give him he11… I’ll take a foul hooked one anyday!

Fishing Nerd

good read thank you

All The Way!!