Fishing the surf a couple times this past week.

Used fresh shrimp frozen mullet frozen bluefish cut fresh whiting. Caught around 20 or so 12-13inch redfish and a 18 inch trout. Caught a few whiting. Did not have any hook ups with any big reds yet.

Glad you got out Stevo. What you thinking about 2-3 weeks for the bulls??? How’s the schools of bait looking???

Tons of bait out there bird dropping in everywhere. Was on the my pleasant pier fishing today and caught a few smaller reds. And also tons of mullet. Could net 50+ each cast. As for the big bulls looking back at my records we should be catching them now. I’ve been talking to slot of people who have been catching 30+ inchers

Thanks for the info. My fish meter must be broken. I was guessing about 2 weeks but I have been wrong before:smiley: I’m still waiting on Stevo to put up the first 40 of the season. Kind of like the ground hog seeing his shadow. When that happens I know it’s on. Good luck buddy:smiley:

Caught a 40 incher on the back side of Sullivan’s on Sunday. Should be showing up in the surf soon.