Dash Cams??

I’m looking for input from members who have firsthand knowledge or experience with car dash cams. My wife had an accident last year and was cited even though it was clear to everyone but the cop that the other guy was at fault. Fortunately traffic cam video exonerated her but, it has gotten me to thinking about dash cams in case something were to ever happen again.

Not looking to spend a ton of money as we have 4 cars but, any input appreciated.

Thanks.

I bought one for my daughter last year, at Big Lots. Payed around $20.00 for it. I expected it to be more of a novelty item, but I was surprised how well it worked! It’s still in use.

My wife bought one for my Christmas last year! Funny this was brought up I was cleaning out my gun cabinet and found it last night, still in the box! Don’t know to install it in my trick or one of my boats!

I got this one on Amazon. Works great.
It was only $45. People drive like $#!^ here so I though it was worth it.

APEMAN Dash Cam 1080P FHD DVR Car Driving Recorder 3 Inch LCD Screen 170° Wide Angle, G-Sensor, WDR, Parking Monitor, Loop Recording, Motion Detection

Grady White 258 WA "Just for the Halibut"

Don’t go cheap cheap but you and don’t have to spend a ton of money either. Look for something with a wide-angle. And preferably with a 24 hour loop. something that has impact sensor that will save that part of the video automatically.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

My wife’s car has this one bought on 11/22/2014
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JE7730A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I works very well, over the course of 4 years, I’ve had to replace the flashcard once. It is normal for cards to go bad after a lot of reads and writes.

I have two of these bought on 10/7/2017 and 9/29/2017, for two different cars.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074SF8R9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are a cheap camera, the battery may go bad after a while. The field of view is not great but will do. I had a guy come over on me and run me off the road, the guy made up some rediculous story, I just showed the State Trouper the video, he laughed and charged the other guy with the accident, lawsuit was filed and settled quickly. For a cheap camera they have performed for me well, just had to replace a battery and bought better power cables, between the two of them.

Thanks for this thread.

Does leaving it on all the time run your battery down?

I got one a year ago. Supposed to be “automatic” but I have to reformat the card almost every day.

What did we ever do on cars before cell phones?

DF

I thought you were like chuck norris, everyone simply knew not to mess with you

They DON’T mess with me but, they don’t show my wife and kids the same level of respect.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?