Lake Moultrie Stripers

First day of striper season on Lake Moultrie so I gave it a go. I trolled around in front of the dam and levees in 40 to 50 ft. Caught five between 8 am and 9:30. All were short ranging from 23 to 25 inches. Used stretch 25’s black/silver and red/silver. Only saw one other boat this morning.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha 250

Live bait is key to the big ones. We’re there any menhadden by the dam yet?

Remember that the Santee size limit now allows for the 23"-25" fish to be kept and only 1 of your 3 can be over 26".

The way I and others have interpreted this rule is that if it’s over 25" but smaller than 26" it needs to be released. (Creating protection for those “slot” fish) it allows for the fish that reached 25" to be protected till they hit 26" to where now only 1 per person can be harvested… if that makes sense…

"All fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then they're lying"

21’ Hewes Craft Custom
140 Suzuki

USCG Licensed Captain
Sea~N~Stripes Guide Service

Lake Marion and Lake Moultrie seems to be on the upside for stripers. maybe DNR got this one right when passing the rules on Striper fishing – ten years ago it was great fishing with large fish the normal. I am looking forward to fishing these lakes again instead of that hour drive to Lake Murray.

I will post results as soon as I get to go fishing…