Whistleblower

I’m glad that some in Congress are interested in following the law. It really should not matter whether Trump and his followers like the whistleblower or not. What matters is whether the whistleblower is legally entitled to confidentiality.

from National Review (https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/grassley-whistleblower-followed-the-law-and-should-be-heard/):

Iowa Republican senator Chuck Grassley issued the following statement today:

“This person appears to have followed the whistleblower protection laws and ought to be heard out and protected. We should always work to respect whistleblowers’ requests for confidentiality. Any further media reports on the whistleblower’s identity don’t serve the public interest—even if the conflict sells more papers or attracts clicks.

“No one should be making judgments or pronouncements without hearing from the whistleblower first and carefully following up on the facts. Uninformed speculation wielded by politicians or media commentators as a partisan weapon is counterproductive and doesn’t serve the country.

“When it comes to whether someone qualifies as a whistleblower, the distinctions being drawn between first- and second-hand knowledge aren’t legal ones. It’s just not part of whistleblower protection law or any agency policy. Complaints based on second-hand information should not be rejected out of hand, but they do require additional leg work to get at the facts and evaluate the claim’s credibility.

“As I said last week, inquiries that put impeachment first and facts last don’t weigh very credibly. Folks just ought to be responsible with their words.”

As Robert VerBruggen noted last night, President Trump, some Republican members of Congress, and conservative media figures have erroneously claimed that federal policy had been surreptitiously changed to allow the Ukraine whistleblower to come forward, but in reality: “The whistleblower filed a form that had been around for about a year. On that form he indicated that he had a mix of first- and secondhand knowledge, not just secondhand knowledge. Further, it has never been the office’s policy to reject complaints that lack firsthand knowledge, a requirement also not found in the underlying laws.”

Of course it's my opinion. Whose opinion were you expecting?
Replies

" The whistleblower filed a form that had been around for about a year"

Hmmmm,no wonder trump has been firing off expletives through his tweeter......
Looks like Bolton is pissed about getting the boot?
Yeah but the WB met with Schiff and was evidently coached on what to say in the report of 3rd hand knowledge. This reeks of desperation by the Democrats on another failed attempt to “get” Trump. Best campaign strategy he’ll ever have. Get the opposition to piss everyone off so bad you win even bigger the 2nd time. I’m no Trump fan but the stupidity dems are pulling is just comical.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid" John Wayne

Really? Rudy G. give you that 411?

Not what the NYT reported. The whistleblower went to an intel committee staffer with a vague account of the complaint, and was told to file through proper channels. Schiff personally never knew the whistleblower’s identity. That’s hardly “orchestrating” the complaint

Not what the NYT reported. The whistleblower went to an intel committee staffer with a vague account of the complaint, and was told to file through proper channels. Schiff personally never knew the whistleblower’s identity. That’s hardly “orchestrating” the complaintOriginally posted by poly ball

You really believe shifftlesst doesn't know the whistle bower? I'll bet shiftless knows Hunter and his daddy bidden and monetarily benefited from corruption..... Oh so much corruption in our Country during the Clinton and obuma years... I sure hope Barr gets to the bottom of it in his investigations.

Why Bruce?... the ramblings of a disillusioned Hillary supporter.
Originally posted by poly ball

I believe Fred could witness trump pissing on an old homeless lady, and he'd tell him he's doing a hell of a job, really soaking her.

Not what the NYT reported. The whistleblower went to an intel committee staffer with a vague account of the complaint, and was told to file through proper channels. Schiff personally never knew the whistleblower’s identity. That’s hardly “orchestrating” the complaintOriginally posted by poly ball

Pull your head out of your ass Bolbie, it’s a desperate attempt that is already falling apart at the seams. The dems are racing the clock because the things they’ve pulled during the Obama years are about to blow up in their faces. Better to remain silent and let everyone think you’re a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Your party is in shambles with cartoon characters for candidates. The stances and platforms they are running on are a farce and will hand Trump the election without breaking a sweat. Honestly both parties are ridiculous and do not have this country’s best interests at heart. Funny though, the man you hate has done more for this country in two and a half years than Obama did in eight.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

I still wish an honorable high-profile Republican would challenge Trump. He is an embarrassment to a once great party..

Of course it's my opinion. Whose opinion were you expecting?
I BELIEVE TRUMP IS CREATING SOME OF THIS CIRCUS ACT AS A METHOD OF EXPOSING THE SWAMP DWELLERS TO THE AMERICAN VOTERS AND SOMETIME SOON HE WILL DROP THE BOMB THAT WILL BLOW THEM AWAY.......

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see "Old Glory" waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero's that makes it wave.
author unknown
I still wish an honorable high-profile Republican would challenge Trump. He is an embarrassment to a once great party..

Of course it's my opinion. Whose opinion were you expecting?Originally posted by SurfFishLife

If you listen to the main stream media and all the cherry picked quotes they use, I could see a lot of people believing that. BUt… If you open your eyes and do a little digging you'll find Trump's not so bad, the best President in Decades. As for Trump being replaced with another Republican? Won't happen in 2020. They all want him gone as well as the left so they too can go back to the corruption they are part of. If not they would be raising more sand about the coup against Trump than they are. I believe they just don't want to expose themselves as the career politicians and vote whores they have become. I agree with you on the once great party, but not Trump being an embarrassment, get him back in office in 2020 and I think you will really see him expose the swamp. If Barr can continue to do his Job, I believe a lot of the Embarrassing corruption over the Obuma years will come to light.

You want embarrassment, watch Shiftless reenact what he believed Trumps phone conversation was during a congress session. Or better yet our Government letting Hillary off for the treasonous way she handled Top secret information on a public server for the World to see and still let her run for President!! That's embarrassing.

I want to see Niki and Trey in 2024

Pull your head out of your ass Bolbie, it’s a desperate attempt that is already falling apart at the seams. The dems are racing the clock because the things they’ve pulled during the Obama years are about to blow up in their faces. Better to remain silent and let everyone think you’re a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Your party is in shambles with cartoon characters for candidates. The stances and platforms they are running on are a farce and will hand Trump the election without breaking a sweat. Honestly both parties are ridiculous and do not have this country’s best interests at heart. Funny though, the man you hate has done more for this country in two and a half years than Obama did in eight.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250

Originally posted by saltydog235

You seem angry brah? No reason to get all worked up. Better be more concerned on where the global and national economy are headed.

Shambles? 2018 midterms proved otherwise.