Yamaha vs Suzuki

I am looking to re power a 15’ skiff. Any thoughts on 40 to 50 hp. Yamaha or Suzuki or for that matter Honda? I’ve had good luck with Evinrude ETEC, but lack of local servicing/dealer in Chas. keeps me away from them. Thanks in advance

Yamaha would be my first choice
then Honda then Suzuki
Yamaha just for resale and long term reliability, not to mention that EVERY dealer in Charleston can offer service and parts.
Honda has a 5 year warranty, and they have some corrosion issues, but at least they cover corrosion.
Suzuki has the longest warranty, but its also the worst warranty.
Their warranty excludes any and all failures related to corrosion, regardless of when or why.
Their motors have corrosion issues., also, the 3 years of extended warranty is not a factory warranty, its through an aftermarket insurance company.
If you are gonna use it in fresh water exclusively, then any of them should be fine.

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com www.bombislandboats.com IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

Chris, thanks for your comments. The boat will be kept on a drive on float over salt water, so corrosion would certainly be an issue. Did not realize the lengthy Suzuki warranty does not cover corrosion, so I’ll head in a different direction.
Shellcracker

We have a Yamaha F40LA in stock
remote, tilt trim, 20" shaft, electric start.
motor only cost is $5700, for your shopping comparison.
price does not include rigging, prop, labor, or sales tax.

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com www.bombislandboats.com IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

Chris,
Thanks again. This gives me great price perspective. If I find the boat I’m looking for while in Chucktown next week, I’ll come by and see you.