striper fishing

Time to get back to striper fishing…I have not fished this lake in years…so, any info will be helpful…I mostly down-rod with herring or gizzards in Lake Murray…want to learn this lake…so – is fish schooling yet??? deep water ??? which side??? any info will help…

And if I find them…I will post info…let’s have fun…and catch some fish…

geeezzzzzzz… does no one post on this site…I know people are fishing…we need to pass on the information…not the hot spot…just close to the spot…up/down/deep/shallow…let’s work with each other and catch some fish…

I fished Lake Murray in Columbia last week and did very well…fishing free lines and planer boards with live herring…really nice keepers – working with 21" size limit…mid lake…

Now I want to start Lake Marion or Moultrie and have no idea where to start…help me out…

some people are struggling with the new format, so there isnt as much activity as normal. but you may want to try the striper forum since youre specifically targeting striper…

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forums/Forum/Posts/10?pagenum=1

_____________________________________________________ Proline 201WA Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon) Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

I understand…this new system has me struggling also…old men don’t like changes !!! The striper forum has even less information…and mostly Lake Murray… I fish Lake Murray often – and have very good luck. They have an awesome Striper Club where info is passed freely except during tournament week. I was hoping to get fishermen to start passing info on Lake Marion and Lake Moultrie to help each other have some fun…there seems to be a good fish rebound – so let’s catch some stripers…

On a note: I don’t catfish – so I will be no help to those folks.

Saturday morning fishing…great day… no wind…cloudy…fish were in the channel outside the canal on Moultrie side…down rods…two cranks off bottom…caught a lot of 18" fish…but had our limit of 23-25" fish by 9:00am… no schooling action …but birds were looking …

Go Fishing – it’s great for the stress.

Live bait? shad, herring, pearch?

fished with live herring purchased from Canal Marina on down rods…tried free lines out the back of the boat – but they seemed to pick up mostly short fish. Down Rods about 25’ were the ticket…fish are really fat and healthy…really strong…good fishing…

Go fishing … get rid of some stress.

Fished Lake Moultrie this morning. Live bait in 25’ of water near Boneau Beach area… had limit by 9:30am…water starting to move thru canal at a good rate–so expect the muddy water to start showing up. All fish were nice and healthy. Caught several cat fish – one near 50#…grandson had a blast fighting him…

Go Fishing…

Mud is on the way.

A little “clearer”.

Water is moving at high rate through the canal…but not too muddy…fished Saturday morning…had limit of three people by 9:30am with several nice catfish…live bait in 35’ of water…Boneau Beach area…

Go fishing – get rid of stress…

what live bait are ya’ll using?

we are buying live herring from the Canal landing…and eating at MacDaddys … both have proven to be working for us…

We are fishing down rods about 3-4’ off the bottom…even tho–a free line caught our biggest fish last week.

Get too close to the bottom…and the catfish will get the bait…

Go Fishing…it helps with the holiday stress…!!! Be Safe…

First time this year…2020…start at 7:00am…limit by 9:00am for 3 people…great day on the lake…

Live herring – 40’ of water – fishing 25’ down…a couple of 27" fish – rest in the 25" range…nice fat fish…

Go Fishing…be Safe on the water.

Those are the little 4/5" ones from lake Russell?

Are those the little 4/5" ones from lake Russell?

Where/how are you getting those satellite images?

_____________________________________________________ Proline 201WA Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon) Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/?v=-81.10562682899618,32.79941148022256,-78.99625182899618,33.82883042553506&t=2020-01-17-T17%3A20%3A22Z
copy and paste the above in your browser. This one is Lake Marion and Moultrie. Save it to favorites. When you go back to it you just have to change the dates each time.