shimano sedona deal

Tackle direct has the 6000 and 8000 shimano sedona reel on sale. The 6000 usually goes for 89.99 dropped to 49.99. It holds 120 yds of 20lb mono or 290 yds of 30lb braid. It has a 22 lb drag. The 8000 size is usually 94.99 has dropped to 54.99. The 8000 holds 185 yds of 20 lb mono or 340 yds of 40lb braid. 24 lb drag. These reels are on Allan Hawks site on his recommended list at # 4 for salt water reels for under 150. He said they are pretty much the same reel as the 130.00 Shimano soccoro minus a bearing and some cosmetic changes. So you are pretty much getting a 130 dollar reel for 54. A pretty good deal. One small catch. To get free shipping you need to spend 89.00 from tackle direct with the promo code. If not, they said it was 8 dollars to ship. They don’t come in the official box but plastic, if you want the box the reel will jump in price to double. :roll_eyes:

For a “low cost” reel, those are great reels. I have a 4000 on a rod I have been using for 6-7 years now. IT has really held up well and has caught as many fish as my more expensive reels.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Pea said they all hold up well when they’re sittin in the garage.haha Seriously,you need to get down and post a report with pics. It’s trout city,best year I’ve seen in a while.

Yeah, that sounds like the Pea and for once he’s right. My line has probably dry rotted on my reels. I have 26 days of leave to use before the end of the year. Not gonna happen but trying to find some time to get back on the water.

-----------------------------------------------
Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I need a rap on the skull to remind me that life is about more than just waking up and existing evert day
_----------------------------------------------
You can never get your yesterday’s back. I probably worked more weekends than not. Didn’t take vacations. Missed a lot of living. Trying to change all that. I’m going to knock off at 12 today and go fishing this afternoon. Saturday Chase grandbabies around for a while . And probably get back on the water again Sunday.

I can’t think of no one laying in there death bed. (**() I wish I had to work a little more.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

You SOB.

killer topwater spottail bite this morning on low water. 1 lost tw trout on the flat

At least you’re getting out there.