Wando/jetties 10/9

Decided to go up the wando for a change and lol for some top water action. Plan was to head out to the harbor later and look for big Bulls.
Plan A worked ok. Had a nice trout, and a few missed blow ups on topwater. The area I was fishing looked so ‘fishy’ that I felt they had to be there , so threw a cork out with a Vudu shrimp and got a spot tail and some more trout. Also had 2 flounder on consecutive casts, a first for me.
Bites dried up so went across the river to a more sheltered bank. Worked about 1/2 mile with no bites. I had to get on my phone so decided to work back up the bank I had just worked to a small bay and troll. Threw out a disco chicken on a trout eye, and did what I had to on my phone. Wasn’t really expecting anything, but 5 mins in I had a hit and a nice trout. Hit the spot lock and was getting a fish every 3rd or 4 cast. My disco chicken got trashed so due to the water being the color of tea I put a dark paddle tail on with a green tail. I literally caught a fish a cast for 45 mins. I was in about 7’ of water, and they all hit in the bottom couple of feet on a pretty quick but steady retrieve. Just like I was trolling. I experimented and put the cork and Vudu where I was catching and didn’t get a bite. Went back to the jig and paddle tail and it was a bite a cast.
Decided to head out to harbor and look for some bulls but it was pretty nasty. Hit the S jetty but it wasn’t fun. Headed in, DNR was at the ramp and had a very friendly conversation. They checked the flounder I caught, good guys.
Just finished eating the Flounder, delicious.

You need to remember that “fishy” spot and remember the tide phase for future referance. Sounds like you have it dialed in. :smiley:

Pics or it didn’t happen :smiley:

Well done though, doc! You’re progressing quickly!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Yep

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.