Beef Jerky

I didnt catch it, but this is how I do mine and I would like to know how you do yours. I know some people are tight lipped on their marinade, but this is mine… and people seem to like it.

London broil, half frozen as to cut into slices/strips easier. 3/16" to 1/8" typically.

Bottle of Allegras Hot n Spicey

1/2 bottle of Dale’s

A little liquid smoke if you want and or 1/4 cup brown sugar

Marinade over night or at least 5 hours.

Remove from marinade and place on bed of paper towels to rid excess

No dehydrator but I set the oven as low as possible around 150-170 and leave door open but drape a towel over it to only let air escape the sides of the door. 3-5 hours depending on how dry you actually want the jerky. Make sure to line the bottom if the over with foil to catch all drippings.

Enjoy while fishing… or any other time :+1:

I like the oven better than the dehydrator also,will definitely give your marinade a try. I usually just wing it and sometimes it’s good and sometimes it’s mediocre but these heathens around here will eat anything.haha

My favorite:

1 lb meat
1/4 cup bourbon
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
1/4 teaspoon curing salt
1 teaspoon molasses
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper (I usually double this)
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

(If no wild animal parts available), Eye of round, sliced with jerky board, cut into strips.
Oven drying method (cracked open with butter knife).
Cracked Pepper 'N Garlic is my favorite. Follow appropriate instructions included in box.

Now we’re gettin all fancy! I like it! I may have to google where to get one of those boards, cutting it frozen by hand can be quite the task. Thanks for the ideas and recipes fellas!

sman, lemme know what you think when you try my marinade!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Get the board, you won’t regret it.

I didn’t have enough teriyaki marinade (wife’s fav) for a 3 lb. batch, so, I tried this (x3). Just out of the oven, very good Fishnengr.
Now I do batch of Cracked Pepper 'N Garlic.

Tried something different for a change. Bought a Jerky gun and a couple of dry mixes for jerky.
Used ground Venison and a dehydrator. Made 20 pounds this past week. 14 pounds of Original and 6 pounds of Teriyaki.

Ought to keep the Daughter happy for a while…:smiley:

Frank’s red hot makes good spicy jerky. I let some dehydrate extra long and it gets harder and tougher and you can suck on it for a while and chew it longer. Trader Joe’s has the best teriyaki sauce/marinade.

That looks great!

Thats how I make mine except I use a roast sometimnes as well. I made a batch once with similar marinade except I added about 10 ground up dried scotch bonnets in there. Thought it might be to hot, but it was great!