Rusted Plugs

Two new plugs installed in motor in January as part of routine tune up after sitting for extended period of time. New fuel pump, water pump, foot oil, etc.
Maybe 20 hours of run time in saltwater since then but stays stored in shed when not in use.
1993 Johnson 15 HP
I have never seen corrosion of plugs like this before, especially in such a short time period.
Any ideas?
Cheap plugs? Moisture under shroud?

I had a 1988 Evinrude 15hp that had a very similar occurrence. Plugs were only 4-6 months old and rusted badly when I took the cover off. Had always flushed the motor after use, whether salt or fresh water. One of the plugs had salt crystals accumulating on it. I cranked the motor with the cover off and discovered that the hose to the “pee hole” at the back of the motor had a pin hole that sprayed onto the plugs when under pressure. It wet the whole inside of the cowling as well, which created condensation when closed up. Not saying that it’s not just the metal in the plugs rusting, but that was the cause of my corrosion. Good luck with it.

There's a reason I'm close to the top of the food chain. '97 HYDRASPORTS 22' OCEAN DC EVINRUDE 175 18' LOUISIANA CUSTOM YAMAHA F50 '17 F-250

you are most likely getting saltwater under the cowling

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com www.bombislandboats.com IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING