Leaking Fuel Tank

I have an 18 Center Console Sea Pro that has a leaking fuel tank. Not sure where exactly the leak is on the tank but if I fill it I lose about two thirds of the fuel into the bilge, so the leak is not on the bottom but somewhere along the side. My question is how much time and expense is needed to get this repaired. It is a 33 gallon built-in poly/fiberglass belly tank under the floor. It protrudes about a foot under the center console. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can get it fixed for a fair price and get quality work? I’m in Columbia but have no problem taking it to the Charleston area for repair, I fish there frequently.

we replace tank on a regular basis.
the tank is about $900 to have one made.
the labor is anywhere from 6 - 12 hours, depending on how hard it is to get to.
we also suggest replacing all the fuel fill and vent lines while you are in there.

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com www.bombislandboats.com IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

I just replaced the tank in my 22’ Sea Hunt. The tank was a 91 gallon and cost just over $1000. at the manufacture’s facility down in Perry, Fl. It took me and a buddy just over two day work to finish the job. I also replaced all the hoses while I was in there. If you decide to DIY, get the hoses somewhere other than West Marine. Don’t get me wrong, I like West Marine it’s just that they wanted $8 a foot for gas line hose that was $2.40 on the internet (same brand and CG certified). You will need a chain hoist or other lifting device and a fairly extensive list of air tools.

Good luck!

ZX

Sea Pro boats are now made in Whitmire S.C. about 45 min W from Columbia. Try calling the plant and I’ll bet they have an employe that does those repairs on the week ends. Good luck!