YAM 200 4S- cut to idle

Running across harbor and 200 Yamaha 200 4S(2014) cut to idle.
After a few, it will run up again, then cut down again.

I have checked Water/Fuel Filter and the filter under cowl. Both seem clean.

Motor PEES strong.

Have not gotten to VST filter—too much fun.

Suggestions??

IDLE, AS IN 700 RPMS OR REDUCED POWER TO 1800 RPMS?

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

cut back to lower rpm then kinda came back up the. Went back down and stay down almost like it was not getting fuel.

It sputtered and bogged down

DRMajor

I don’t know what the rpm was it was just like it ran out of gas
Or was about to run out of gas
That’s how it acts but then you can jump right back up on plan w no issues for few mins then does again

DRMajor

The 2nd filter, just inside the cowl, has a wire connection on the bottom. I disconnected and checked w/ OHM meter… Open circuit. Is that normal? I assume so as the manual shows it are water sensor- so water would close the circuit?

Gas from both filters was clean and so far free of water…

DRMajor
DRMajor

WATER CLOSES THE CIRCUIT
MOTOR WILL BEEP AN ALARM ONLY IN NEUTRAL
DOES NOT HAVE IN EFFECT ON RUNABILITY.

AS FOR DROPPING RPMS, SOUNDS LIKE ITS LOSING FUEL PRESSURE, BUT WILL DEFINITELY NEED MORE DIAGNOSTIC TO TELL FOR SURE

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

Took out again…
Filters are clean (didn’t check Vapor filter). No water or trash.
Pressurized gas tank via vent…Line seems to be clear?
When at idle, pumped the fuel bulb. No change, will not go above idle.

??

DRMajor

I had very similar problem with mine. Could not believe it was a fuel filter issue, as the filter on the motor was clean and had just recently changed water separator. Have always ran efree gas, and ring free. It would shut off at idle crank right back up then started dying while underway. I changed the little filter on the motor problem fixed. The old one looked just as clean as the new one.

2017 NauticStar 2400 sport/ F200XB

X2 on the small filter on the front of the engine (motor). I had the same problem and resolved it by replacing the “little” filter. It looked good but it was restricted. The new one offered almost no restriction when I blew through it, however the old one was like blowing through a cocktail straw.

ZX