Bite Is On FIRE

Started out the morning at daylight to try for my first topwater red of 2019. Lost one boatside back in September. Headed to the upper Wando and tucked into a creek out of the wind. Found a few submerged oyster bars on the falling and threw topwater across them. Needless to say the reds were stacked up and blasting the lures. The fish were actually fighting over the lures. Myself and a buddy both hooked up several times, biggest topwater red was mine which was 28". Once the tide dropped we switched back to our Zman lures paired with TroutEye jig heads. I was throwing watermelon chartreuse minnowz while he was throwing the TRD minnowz in junebug. Both of us were able to round out inshore slams and we tagged/released almost 30 reds/flounder. The fall bite is really starting to pick up with the falling water temps and bait ready to leave the creeks. Water temp was 70.8-71.5 in most areas we were fishing. Tight lines!!!

Thanks fireman

Looks and sound like a great day of fishing and I agree the Bite is on fire

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education"

220 SeaFox Viper

That’s some great fishing sir! Thanks for sharing! I’ll be making my way back to some water in the next few days myself:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!