Inshore Trolling and wade fishing

Saturday I gave it a try trolling and it was a lesson learner. I had some new gear that would change my spread, and coverage and make my time more comfortable. I couldn’t use the flat lines because of conditions but having a seat with a backrest wasn’t the worse. I launched at 4:50 and left at 7:20 when I had enough and decided to take the skunking. First it was the tide was ripping to hard to present my spread the way I was used to. Then it was all the marsh grass catching my line every ten seconds. Next it was some high schoolers enjoying their weekend ripping there boats around in the small shallow creek. I hooked my first fish at around 6:20 but it got off when I let up just a little to adjust the trolling motor, either a decent blue or about a 15 inch trout. I tried that area a but no other hits, just a few hang ups that are hard to unhang when the current is bulling you around. Stuck it out till sunset to see if I could find some topwaters activity but heard one or two blow ups but no serious activity. Saw a pair of otters playing and something tried to eat a marsh hen off the floating grass it was standing on. That was a good blow up but the marsh hen must off bitched about it for ten minutes, just raising all types of hell.

So today for redemption I decided to go do some fishing I have a little more dialed and dodge the big tides and currents. Went to wade a creek and flat at low tide and found some success. Got there around 2 and left around 4. Last of the out going and start of the incoming. At first it was windy and over cast and some occasional light drizzle, then some Forrest Gump rain, and then blew bird sky with no wind and the bugs cam out in force. Started with a slim swim and had a fair bit of hits and caught a couple reds and flounders before I lost my last slim swim that has been through hell and back. Worth every penny. Probably the best bait I’ve ever bought. Switched to a paddlers and it ke

my first read through your report missed the picture of the flounder!! I thought it was part of the trout pict! Caught all the good stuff, just need a little larger size!!

I’m glad you pointed out the founder. Didn’t see him camouflage in there. I was fixing to be a smart azzz. And say without pictures it didn’t happen

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

They got some good camo add in that they barry themselves and there hard to spot. I’ve nearly stepped on about 28 incher thinky it was a funky patch of sand but it took of before I could get my foot down. Pulled hooks on all the big flounder but caught a legal red and trout but I wanted flounder for dinner. But the fish run smaller at dead low, except for the reds sometimes there are some decent tailers. but the bugs were to bad to tough it out.