Bulk shrimp

Who sells bulk shrimp?
100-150#

I normally get mine in bulk from Carolina Seafood in McClellanville. Just call before you go to make sure they have the amount you want. 843-887-3713

That is where I usualy get mine…but they have NO shrimp for last two weeks!

DRMajor

Did they say why? Are they done for the season? I was going to restock from them in November.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha 250

Highly doubt they are done, just don’t think SC is landing much right now. I was told VA is landing a ton right now and that the cold front arriving tonight may change things for our local draggers. My dad frequently gets a 50# order from Carolina too, should be plenty on toward Thanksgiving.

No reason given other than weather.

She said keep calling…

DRMajor

Know anywhere else that might have them?

DRMajor

I have been buying shrimp straight off the boat for years , the boat docks at Carolina Seafood. If the captain sells his catch to me, there are less shrimp on the market. Its all about timing, and who you know. Last week I picked up 100 lbs, so there were shrimp available…

Been buying from Carolina Seafood for years. Just no luck this year so far.
Hate to pester them w/ calls.

DRMajor

Got to get them off the boat, that way you call the boat captain and get the real story.

Where to get # and name of capt?

DRMajor

No can do. I can tell you ,some* shrimp were offloaded earlier today.

Can’t download a picture…this site is dying

Yep- Heads off @$7.70#…No can do…

DRMajor

What’s a good price?

_______________________ After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Been getting 100# @$3.30, head on.

DRMajor

Forget # with n without heads…

This is for Jumbo. Don’t mind heading…

DRMajor

Supply and demand

_______________________ After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

What do you net out of 100lbs after heading?

I’ve got about 65% of the weight most of the time but I use the heads for bait and chum so it’s not a total loss of value. I’d guess he’s close to 5.50 per lb once deheaded. But for Jumbo’s that’s still a very good price.

There’s a guy by dodges in redtop that goes to Florida and picks up bulk shrimp sometimes. You might could work something with him to get some in bulk. I’ve bought the Florida red shrimp and he had people picking up that much shrimp.

I counted 7 shrimp boats in front of folly Beach Monday so shrimping can’t be that bad because when it is they dock the boats. I think they have been exaggerating the bad season rumors to get more per lb.

$7 lb in Bft is best i’ve found this year. Headed 21/25.

NN

Will have to check Red Top…

Just like SC shrimp///

DRMajor