Any more reports?

Anybody having any recent luck? I would like to get out again and catch a decent red. Problem is I am a few hours from Charleston and the lack of reports make me think it would be a waste of a trip. Any reason for me to believe otherwise? I appreciate any ■■■■■■■■.

I’ve been out quite a few times but have failed to connect with any note worthy fish. There are guys on here that consistently do well. Maybe they will share some insight.

The Red bite will be good for a while. I landed a few on Sat. A few fishermen I know have been out the past few weeks and caught some nice Reds. Next week around the full moon should be excellent. No reports HERE does not mean the fish are not being caught.
The saddest part of a GOOD Red Drum post is being shadowed by some Googan on the beach afterward.

And if you don’t Know…
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Googan

The “fishing police” have driven away a lot of regular reporters here.
Yours truly is having a fine Fall Season on the beach; but I do not post details any more.
Did catch a 5’ Blacktip the other day-a first for me in many years of surf fishing.:smiley:

16' Alumacraft Mod V Hull Jon Boat 25hp Yammy 4 stroke

I talked to a friend the other day and he said plenty were still out:smiley: Take advantage if you get the opportunity.

Thanks for the info. I will post a report if I can make it out again.

My friends and I have been beach fishing over the last week with similar
results. We caught nothing but sharks-8 for me one day-no Reds at all.
Water temp where we fish is down to 59 degrees.
Looks like the Reds may have gone off-shore.

Wow stern 59! Folly Beach surfer guys are reporting 68 as of this AM. Felt like about 70 weekend before last…Sooo…Yeah! THE REDS ARE GONE! Better to stay home and watch Foolsball are somethin’.

This weekend the weather looks nassy. The last couple times I got out it felt like swimming weather. I had to wade out and didn’t get cold, but that was 3 weeks ago. Always a chance for a resident fish:smiley:

I went in the water this am at folly today when going for a walk and it was 68 after about a foot deep. The first foot of surf water was a lot warmer from the actual water. I saw mullet and smaller bait in the surf and menhadden out deeper. Monday I went to the pier and whiting, perch, Ray’s and sharks were caught. Sandbar sharks, bonnet heads, blacktips and sharpnose. We saw a big jack swim by and some blue fish and sheephead by the pillings also. I talked to a guy who caught reds, pompanos and a trout. The water in Charleston and south of Charleston is not 59 degrees. I’m interested to here where stern saw 59. Check nowcoast marine for live real temperatures.

Echo 300 Fishfinder showed 59-60 water temp 35 miles North of Chucktown at the beach/creeks in Cape Romain.

Most fish finders just get surface temperature, and can be inaccurate. Even this morning after the cold front southern north Carolina is 62 and Charleston is 64 on sea surface temperature.

Some reds still out. My buddy and his boy landed a few 3 days ago. 24,40, 42 and a 47. His boy got to reel in the 47. Happy young man. The 13 year old slayed the dragon :smiley:

Fished folly last Saturday for nothing, couldn’t buy a bite