Paddled tail recommendations

I have been using primarily z-man for the past few years with good success. However I have been having an issue with them lately not staying on the jig head, not going onto the jig head, and messed up tails coming out of the packs. I have even tried several different jig heads all with the same issues. What other paddle tail swimsuits have y’all used and liked. At this point I am willing to lose tails to smaller fish and have my baits ripped to save my sanity. I have used bass assassin and DOA but their plastic is a little to stiff for my liking and seems to have a lot less action.

Thanks

I’ve caught a ton of fish on bass assassin.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

I have too, just prefer the softer action of the others. Probably a personal preference thing I just feel like I get more action out of less with the softer ones

Sometimes I super glue my zmans to the jig. It works well, but then you can’t tell if you bumped something or if you got a hit because the bait doesn’t pull down the hook. On the plus side it doesn’t pull down so after as missed hit you can keep fishing it without it looking dumb and spinning around from being pulled down the hook.

Fish with jigheads that have a heavy barb like the TroutEye Jigs. Others have them too. Just pull the bait onto the hook vs pushing it on. Stop by the shop Haddrell’s Point West and I’ll give you a demo.

-Simon O

HADDRELL'S POINT TACKLE & SUPPLY Your Complete Sportfishing Center www.haddrellspoint.com www.facebook.com/Haddrells.Point

These are the best I have ever used.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/offshore-angler-saltwater-sally

'90 Maverick 18.5' Master Angler/'18 Suzuki 140 '14 Hydra Sports 3400/ 2 350 Yammys

Someone once told me you go out on the water to escape reality, so I thought about it and said no, I get on the water to find relaity

Those look pretty good, priced well too at 4.99 for 10. Ill get a pack and try some too, thanks!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Years ago i would buy and use a paddle tail known as an Ivy shad, the softest,tough bait I have ever used! Haven’t been able to find any in the past 15 years . Wish I could find some.

Not to highjack here. I’ve been looking for the old school green and fire tail paddle tail grub. I think they used to be made by Mann’s, but they don’t carry that color on their website. Any ideas on where to find them?

18' Hewes Bayfisher

If you have jacked up tails on baits email Zman through their website. Pretty sure they will replace bad baits for you.

I started using the Texas Eye jigs, and they hold the baits perfectly! You can also use flutter hooks, rig em weedless, the elastech plastic holds up going over the weights.

I’ll never buy another soft plastic… love those baits and all the new colors they have are awesome. Been hammering them on the Purple Death and Cajun Croaker

Gheenoe LT 25 "Christie Belle"

www.theredfishchronicles.com

That’s a helluva pro tip Simon ,thanks.Goob , I remember buying those stingray grubs at Berkeley drug store,you must be old.haha.Nowadays I use a TT almost exclusively.

Hey goon, I just googled Mann’s stingray grubs and they got the ones you wanted on e bay.