Cooper River Wham Bam Thank You SLAM!

Late report with no pics, Fished Wednesday 11/6 from noon till 5:30. Hooked 8 reds, boated 5 in order a 19, 21, 22 3/4, and two 24" with 2 ripping drag breakoffs and 1 lost at boat side. After the 3rd red I went to trout spots and bite was on catching fish on ever catch a one location with most in the 13" slot, lost count but landed at least 20 or more and caught 1 flounder under size and 1 lost at boat that look to be keeper size. Went to just drifting my .good banks and caught more trout and the 2 24" reds. Fish were biting at all location. Took home the 21 and 22 3/4 reds and 3 trout 2 15" and 1 16 1/2" trout. Filet all and gave my partner who could not go this week the 21 red and 2 15" trout. WOW what a day!

Sounds like you had a great day. Congratulations.

Thanks for that report,I knew I should have went to the CR that day but a buddy wanted to go catch redbreast for the last time this year.I’ll be out there this week for sure and I hope I have half as good a day as you had.It was a little windy that morning if I remember right,how was it during the afternoon?

It was a little breezy from around 12 till 2 then calm down a little then back to same by 4pm. Not to breezy to fish but I did have a harder time catching my mullet due to chop on water. I forgot to add all fish caught on finger mullet. I had some live shrimp also and tried them at trout spot but seemed they wanted the mullet. Go get em!

Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it!

any chance you’ll say youre locations? im new to the cooper

Following ^^^^^

Great report and good fishing.

I fish Cooper from Harbor to Bushy Park and all is good. Just pick your area and fish it good keeping track of where and what tide you caught fish. Fish are at some location only on certain tides, I mostly try to fish the 2 hours before and after high tide. The fish are more predictable for me at mouths of creeks and catch most of my flounder against ambush spots along marsh grass. Also I try to fish a new spot every time on water. Several of the reds listed above were caught at a spot I had never fished before. Hope this helps someone.

Good answer:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!