Recommendations Boat Wiring

I’m on the tail end of rebuilding a 20’ Simmons Sea Skiff. I’m good to go with the carpentry and the glass work but I hate electricity. This boat will have 4 pumps, full lighting, stereo, vhf, mfd, fishfinder, rhodan, trollbridge, 3 batteries, New Wire Marine switches/panel…

Who should I talk to in Charleston about wiring this thing up for me and what should I expect to spend?

I took an electrical theory class in engineering school and my brain hurts just thinking about it. I’d be happy to never look at another wiring diagram in my life.

I can’t help with any information about where to go, but I would definitely recommend putting all the wiring in conduit of some sort, would make it easier to pull and keep the wires protected.

Double D.

VERY GOOD ADVICE THERE DD … A WISE MOVE WOULD BE TO INSTALL 2 PVC PLASTIC CONDUITS FROM BOW AREA TO STERN AND A LARGE 2 OR 3 INCH ONE FROM CONSOL TO STERN AREA … I’M ASSUMING THAT THERE IS ROOM IN THE BILGE TO DO THIS…

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

We can help you out. We specialize in wiring. Can provide references and we are insured.

We are an installer for New Wire Marine.

Anything Outboard/Tall Sail Marine

Tall Sail Marine
Tall Sail Marine

Thanks guys. Have conduit rigged and ready. My last boat was a nightmare pulling wire/cable. Not gonna let that happen again.

be sure to install long sweep ells!

If its in your budget I highly recommend using deutsch connectors for the pumps and lighting to make replacements easier.

Mark Ingle 1660 SeaArk w/ 50HP Tohatsu ....Engineered to fish!!!

most boat dealers in town can handle a rewire, Charleston Marine included.
there are a couple other local guys that do that as well.
a rewire is a major undertaking, and can cause issues as long as you own the boat if not done correctly.
here are a few pictures of a World Cat we are currently repowering and doing a full rewire on.
rigging and wiring is about 50% complete and should be 100% by Monday 11-25

Labor rates range between $100 and $140. we are $120 per hour.
its most likely a 12-20 hour job

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

FINISHED UP THE REPOWER AND COMPLETE REWIRE ON THE 24 WORLD CAT

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING