heli-coil

I blew the plug on #1 cyl on my 200 merc. I have done some looking at Youtube and feel a heli-coil is the easy way to go. Just want to put this out there for comment. I have another head bud don’t want to pull it. Thank for your comments. I have used helicoils on heavy machinery but never in an alu head with pressure on it.

I’ve had good succes. But if I had another head I’d use it

I’VE DELT WITH HELI COILS IN JUST ABOUT EVERY APPLICATION IMAGINABLE AND WILL SAY THIS , HELI-COILS INSTALLED CORRECTLY WILL PERFORM AS GOOD AS ORIGINAL EQUIP / INSTALLED HAPHAZZARDLY WILL CREATE ROYAL PAINS IN THE AZZ… IF YOU’RE NOT MECHANICALLY INCLINED AND HAVE THE EQUIPMENT TO DO IT RIGHT THEN FIND A GOOD MACHINE SHOP TO DO IT / YOU WON’T REGRET IT…

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Take it to Simmons machine shop in hannahan. They will put a stainless insert in the head. Never had one problem with them. Costs like $40-50.

Tall Sail Marine

thanks for the replys, my neighbor has been in the machine shop busness for 25 years and is going to do it for me.

Well the mail ran late and I didn’t get my helicoil kit till yesterday and it was raining to beat the band and the part of my boat shed that had that motor in it was leaking so I put it off till after church today. It couldn’t have been easier, it worked well and quickly. Have to wait 24 hrs for the glue to dry then crank her up and let it run on the hose for a while before going to the water.Talked to the mail lady and she said there is so many packages being mailed the have trouble delevering them all. Well I think Amazon delevers to my house every day

SOUNDS GOOD BOATPOOR ; THIS IS JUST MY 2CTS WORTH BUT I ALWAYS PUT A TOUCH OF NEVERSEIZE ON MY PLUGS THREADS AND HAVE NEVER HAD A STRIPPED THREAD SINCE… JUST SAYIN !!!

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Look up Back tap on U Tube. I’ve used it successfully.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman