First From A Climbing Stand...

Daughter has been practicing with a climber in the yard. She said she was ready to try a hunt with it, so we used the canoe to get all our gear back into the swamp. Sat a tight quarters funnel where it was going to be close shooting, so she carried her Marlin 357 Magnum carbine.

Had no trouble using the stand, and went up 18 feet to see clearly over the wax myrtles. She passed a small Doe at 2:20. Then shot what she thought was a bigger Doe at 5:15.

First time hunting from a climber, and first Deer with her 1894C Marlin.

Awesome! Wish I could have gotten my daughters into hunting like yours is! Thanks for sharing. What round are you using in the .357?

Yes, it’s a 357. Shooting 140 grain FTX by Hornady.

She heart shot this one. It only went about 30 yards after the shot.

Awesome! Nice shooting Red! Wanna trade kids? Haha. My son has no interest in hunting anymore.

It would have to be a package deal on the trade ( Kid & Wife combo ) otherwise I wouldn’t survive the deal for very long…:smiley:

Always enjoy stories of red’s exploits. What brand of climber is that. I’ve been looking for one that faces the tree. Had one many years ago and liked it.

Hunting, fishing, and poker are my sports. Work when necessary.

She’s all business in that first pic too. :+1: Congratulations on a job well done!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

That is a copy of the Buckshot Cadillac which was made of steel. It is aluminum at 17.5 pounds. I got it from Austin Outdoors…GREAT stand, LOUSY company to deal with. Their reviews are bad, and I had trouble getting my order filled. Won’t be a repeat customer.

Google: Buckhorn Tree stands OR Buckshot Tree stands, for similar models. Planning to buy her one from either of those companies for next season.

She was securing her safety line, which is a rock climbing harness. Told her to always follow the same procedure while climbing and rigging up her gear. I interrupted her knot tying for a picture…and got a side eye from her, my bad. :smiley: