Fishing the bridges

Whats the general regs / rules about fishing the numerous bridge structures around Charleston ; ie I-26 , 171 , 526 ect ect ??? Tying to , anchor near ??? just curious !!! are there any written rules / laws ???

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

I’ve fished a lot of the bridges in the area, never have I been asked to leave. I’ve always made sure I was not in any traffic area. Seen many a DNR boat ride by with other things on their minds.

__________________ Capt. Garry Coats Folly Beach & CHS @DolphinChartersSC

We’ve been run off from fishing the Ben Sawyer Bridge, wasn’t even tied to the fenders.

______________________________________________________ "I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public." ~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 25 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 21 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Me too claim

Who ran you off? What was his reason for you to leave?

Bridge tender called coast guard, if I remember correctly

______________________________________________________ "I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public." ~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 25 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 21 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

So the bridge tender at Ben Sawyer… I don’t know who he is but there is definitely one that is hell bent on giving Charleston mariners a rough time. I’ve heard him be completely rude to many a boat that ask for the height clearance on the VHS… sometimes not responding at all. Guess being up there all day wears a man down.

__________________ Capt. Garry Coats Folly Beach & CHS @DolphinChartersSC

there is a no stop zone from the 526 bridge upriver to bushy park on the river, I have never gotten grief from anyone on any bridge around here. Stay out of the channel and don’t impede traffic and you wont have a problem :slight_smile:

Gheenoe LT 25 "Christie Belle"

www.theredfishchronicles.com