Sheep bait

Since it appears everyone on the coast is Fiddlerless, has anyone very used frozen fiddlers for bait? Haddrells has some but don’t know if they’ll be worth the money.

They work, but come off real easy!

LOL well that ain’t good with sheeps.

:+1:
It just test your skillz a little more! Try clams or even sand fleas!

Thanks. Still hoping that with a few warm days ahead the fiddler man may visit.

Bought frozen fiddlers from Haddrell’s Mt P yesterday. They were almost out. They did say that they planned to have a delivery of live fiddlers soon, but he wasn’t sure if it would be before Thanksgiving or not.

Struck out at the coal shutte yesterday. Incoming tide. Lost 6 fiddlers in three hours, boat wouldn’t run right. Still a beautiful day though.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Sad thing when a man’s Glory Days are all in the rearview mirror

Try oysters. If you start fishing within 2 hours of low tide just stop on the way out and pick up some. Half a 5 gallon bucket is enough for 2-3 fishermen. Take an 18" sq. piece of plywood and an oyster knife. Oysters are all I ever ruse anymore for bait.

OYSTERS ARE BETTER THAN FIDS FOR SHEEP IMO ; I USE THE BAIT WRAPS WITH THE OYSTERS AND MOST TIMES CAN CATCH 2-3 SHEEP ON ONE BAIT ; ONE PT OF STORE BOUGHT OYSTERS WILL USUALLY LAST ME ALL DAY…JUST MY 2CTS WORTH…

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Use live shrimp. We caught some nice ones last week.[file ]error[/file]

My buddies and I have caught LOTS of sheepshead on live AND dead shrimp.

Harold Wilcox www.haroldshogwash.com

Blue crab chunks work as well, basically any shellfish works.