deer hunting WMA land

I’ve never hunted WMA land. I am planning a camping trip to the Santee coastal WMA to do a little hunting. any suggestions?

Elmwood hunt camp off Rutledge Rd. It’s off 17 just before the Santee. It’s a nice place and you’ll be in the ball park. Great fishing too!

Capt. R. Killin 21 Contender "Killin Time"

thanks for the response. I had planned on actually camping at santee coastal. do you think the elmwood hunt camp would be a better choice? it looks like the santee coastal wma also has a dock on the santee river that i had planned on throwing my canoe in at. does elmwood have water access?

_____________________________________________________ Proline 201WA Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon) Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

Ive never camped at santee so I cant provide a comparison. The elmwood site has a small boat ramp on a river that feeds into the santee. I used to take my canoe out there often and its a nice area with good hunting.

Two boat ramps on Waterhorn WMA. One at 211-B and another on 204.

is that area saltwater or freshwater?

_____________________________________________________ Proline 201WA Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon) Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

Fresh

i hoping to get into some saltwater