Slam

Got to the landing early to have plenty of tide to pick some oysters. I haven’t used my engine since like June, it’s just been sitting in the shed. I launched fully set up to roll and pulled it several times with no resistance. I left and went home and googled it and it was a loose nut on the recoil, it didn’t feel loose but it fixed the problem when I tightened it. Back to the landing and to the oyster spot. Spot one was to deep with water to get good oysters so I went to another spot that was better and got the shellfish slam, oysters, mussels and clams. Time to go sheep’s head fishing, went to spot one and a boat I saw launching the second time I launched be me there by about a minute, time to go to spot two. At spot two time to rig and bait up and I realized I forgot my knife and pliers. I had to use a piece of clam shell to cut my line to rig up and shuck my bait with my fingers. Dropped clams and mussels and after about twenty minutes the bite started. I caught 1 and had two other hits that didn’t take the mussel or clam and the wind and current shifted and pushed me off the spot. I got back on the spot and tried like 3 spots on the spot but no more bites after about a hr and I then went to spot 3 and had one hit but it hit fast once and didn’t hit again, didn’t seem like a sheep head or black drum so it mights of been a red. I got hungry, hung up and the nats came out so I left after about thirty minutes.

When the rod bows over you have a sheep head.

Minks love the smell of fresh shellfish. He swam up to the back of my boat 3 times. He perched up on this piece of structure and kept looking at me and sniffing and then would swim up to my boat. I threw a busted clam in to the shallows and he swam to land, walked over to where I threw it in and dove dow

That is the biggest Mink I’ve ever seen.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

I’m glad DNR restocked the minks,I remember the first one I seen around Seabrook island back about twenty years ago while marshhen hunting .

The little bas----s sure will raid you bait bucket if left overnite at dock!

Good stuff man. :+1:

Not sure why, maybe because you’ve never posted a pic of yourself, but I picture you like a cross between Grizzly Adams and McGyver. In every way lol

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!