Wando Advice

Looking for some advice about the Wando river. I am hoping to get out for my second outing in the area since moving to SC. I put in at Remleys last time and stayed pretty close to the main river, but explored a few creeks. If I am looking to target reds and trouts do they venture out past the 41 bridge or stay closer to the main river? Planning on using artificial and trout eye jigs and pick up a few mud minnows too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Scout 175 Sportfish 90 HP Yamaha

Sure,they can be found past the 41 bridge,and in any creek off the Wando.Just remember ,heavy rainfall will effect the water further upriver,I don’t go way upriver after a lot of rain.

Awesome thank you!

I haven’t been up the wando to fish in a few years, but that used to be my go-to area. The area around the 526 bridge can get a little brutal when the tide is running hard against the wind…The Wando Washing Machine. Beautiful boat ride up that way.

______________________________________________________ "I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public." ~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 25 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 21 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

You got that right Mr. claim,I got caught out there in a little plywood boat years ago,don’t know how we made it in.

I’m going to let that one go. I was already a wiseazzz. Up there on reports. Wooden boat??? HaHa

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

It was deff a little bouncy today with the wind. Hit two trout and missed a lot more. Still can’t get a redfish. Glad I wasn’t in a wooden boat for sure!

Been hitting the Wando a bunch lately. Water is clearing up nicely.

Eye Strike Texas Eye Jig wiht a Z-man Purple Death paddletail has been killin the reds and trout lately. Work the grass edges, you’ll find em

Gheenoe LT 25 "Christie Belle"

www.theredfishchronicles.com

1. go at low tide, ride around, take some pictures, makes some notes. look for structure, drop-offs, crusty docks, shell rakes, irregular grassline features. there’s plenty between remleys and 41. if you’re quiet and respectful, you’ll find large schools of bass this month in the areas you’re talking about. try the feature on different tides, you’ll figure it out. it ain’t a spot until its time.
  2. you can catch trout and bass on all tides, but I’ve done best targeting bass on the lower 1/2 of tide cycles. trout upper 1/2.
  3. MOVE. work a shellrake, dock, spot quickly. nothing in <10 min, MOVE. trout and bass are easy right now. if they’re there and eating, they’ll eat fast. this assumes you a. have a trolling motor and b are working artificials.
  4. offshoreoffice posts in this forum quite a bit. he fishes those areas regularly. watch his stuff. you’ll figure it out.
  5. it’s easy right now, one of the best/easiest catchin months of the year. if you’re not locating and catching lots of fish this month [20+ fish per trip solo], hire a guide, go with someone experienced because you’re dumb and clueless like I was.

Those was some pro-tips right there from a fella who knows.Pea probably remembers the Carolina boats made up in Lumberton N.C. that we all had.

Number 5 makes me feel uneasy.

Print this out, read it again and again. Lots of wisdom in this.

________________________ 1966 13' Boston Whaler "Flatty" 2018 Sportsman Masters 207 www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Thanks to everyone for the ■■■■■■■■, looking forward to my next trip out. May have to talk the wife into letting me get a trolling motor next to make moving around a lot easier. She got me a stick it anchor, and already that makes moving so much quicker and quieter.

Jesus Christ ,you better turn in your man card if you have to ask the old lady to buy an electric motor.That’s a big a$$ boat you got to be oaring around. I would start punching some holes in the Sheetrock.Take control before it’s too late sonny.

Bahahaha

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

bc87, meet sman.

Assman’s right. buy the trolling motor.

also, women like it when you smack em on the ass and tell em to get in the kitchen and make me a sammich. DF taught me that one circa 2011. works like a charm

Lol, love the advice. Next I need suggestions for good reliable trolling motor but won’t break the bank. I have been eyeing the minn kotas. What does everyone like best?