Take This Flounder Survey

http://sccoastalresources.com/home/2019/12/16/state-of-the-flatfish-flounder-numbers-are-low

Short read and short survey. Only takes a minute. Thanks.:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

I said a 5 fish slot limit between 14 and 20 with 1 allowed to be over 20. If it happens you know why. Lol

Just filled out the survey, thanks for the heads up. Hope it will help with the population increase of size and amount of catch

Took the survey, thanks for sharing the link.

Took the survey. I don’t catch many flounder mostly because I don’t “target” them, but also I really don’t know how to effectively.

Reds have way more restrictive limits than flounder, and they seem way more plentiful than flounder to IMO.

Done, thanks

NN

Done. Thanks for sharing.

Look what it did for the reds years ago! Can remember fishing all day and never hooking a red before they changed the regs.

Boatpoor, red drum are under a similar amount of pressure and are not doing well. Since the mid-1980’s, when red’s were given gamefish status with no commercial fishing pressure, recreational regulations have been tightened (creel limits, slot sizes, etc) many times. If memory serves me right it went from something like to 20 fish to 15 to 5 to 3 to 2. Slot size went from something like a 14" minimum with no upper limit, then only allowing one fish per day over 32", then one per day over 27", etc etc until we have the current slot.

From 2018 http://dnr.sc.gov/news/2018/jun/jun6_reddrum.html
“We’ve been monitoring red drum populations across the state using the same techniques for nearly 30 years, and what we’ve seen over the last 10-15 years is concerning,” said assistant marine scientist Dr. Joey Ballenger, who oversees SCDNR’s red drum research. “Across the state, we’ve seen declines in abundance of the juvenile fish most commonly targeted by anglers.”

'18 Cobia 220 F200 '97 Car. Skiff 17'Suz DF60