Merry Fishmas 2019

Merry Fishmas 2019. Day 1 Tuesday 24 Dec.
Cooper, Water temp 60.9 degrees.
Rained for 3 day now. -.4 Low tide and 20mph winds. Tried a few smaller ditches today always looking for new spots. Side imaging payed off today, came across a 7ft hole with a pack of 10 or so reds holding on the upstream side. Worked through the ditch and hit several on the way out.
14 reds and a couple trout.

Merry Fishmas 2019. Day 2 Wednesday 26 Dec.
Cooper, Water Temp 58 degrees.
4 trout and 3 reds. Slow day but the weather was much nicer.

Merry Fishmas 2019. Day 3 Friday 27 Dec.
Edisto, Water Temp 56 degrees.
Launched at sunrise fishing mid through high tide.

Fishing a ditch that has some natural barriers that limit access. Not an easy place to get to but can sometimes be worth it.
The day started off well with this 30” red and a few more slots.

I’m 4-5 bends into this ditch when I hear another boat approaching. Typically if you see someone fishing a 20ft wide ditch you acknowledge it’s taken and turn around. Common courtesy and all.
Well not these fine upstanding southern gentlemen. They realized I needed help and the best course of action was to hop from spot to spot showing me where all the fish were.
Eventually they pushed passed me (it’s still only 20ft or less wide) and proceeded as before stopping at each set of oysters to fish. I cant t

Nice report. I used to own property at Edisto, and once my friend told me of a spot near a cemetery where as kids they would play with skulls, etc. So, it very well may be human bones there. Kinda sad and creepy but truth.

I left a big love scar on the side of my boat recently doing just the same as you. Way up a creek and snuck between two crusty pilings. Thought I could make it then heard that sickening sound…

Happy new year

________________________ 1966 13' Boston Whaler "Flatty" 2018 Sportsman Masters 207 www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Dang… you go ahead and make the post of the year on day 2. Where’s Pod, he’s gonna want to band ya!

That’s an awesome write up and some wonderful pictures! Thanks for taking the time!
The one with all the spots is freaking badass too! I got one with like 30 on each side at the jetties a few years back. I count the spots like the “by the numbers” tourney does. Clear discernible lines between the spots, if the blurred together or touching in any way, they are counted as one. Regardless, it is one beautiful fish!:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Well done, Sir! Thanks for the exceptional report.

And yes, small creek etiquette is lacking with some…it happens to all of us.

I’ve had my share of people ask to pass ( I typically kindly tell them no if I know there are no docks beyond where Im fishing because they could be going home I suppose), or they just push on by without asking. The worst was a guy pushed on by used trolling motor past me fished 15 minutes above and then motored back out past me again. He was nice and cordial, but still a total D-move. This creek was less than 15 wide.

I will say, when I first started fishing I made a similar mistake of going around a guy, I asked, he was nice about it, but I later conferred with my elders and they proceeded to tongue lash me. I haven’t made the mistake again.

The little red on day 5 looked like he has been caught before or had a deformity based of his upper lip/nose.

sure enjoyed your post and love the pictures. Have caught tons of fish at he cemetary myself over the years. My son is 48 now and still talks about a day in the rain and cold when he was 6. I don’t think he has forgiven me yet for that day!

Awesome Truly Awesome!!!

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education"

220 SeaFox Viper

Someone get this man a beer for beautiful script…feel like I just read my favorite book